User Tag List

Page 2212 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 121217122112216222022210221122122213221422222262231227123212 ... LastLast
Results 22,111 to 22,120 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #22111
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,659

    Default

    What is "the way"? Is he some kind of religious wacko?

  2. #22112
    (in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What is "the way"? Is he some kind of religious wacko?
    Bingo.

  3. #22113

    Default

    "On a romantic side note, Kirk Cameron refused to kiss any actress but his own wife in one of the final scenes of the movie. The directors had Kirk's real wife dress in the same dress as the actress who played the wife in the film so that when you watch the reconciliation scene (shown in the poster above) - Kirk Cameron is actually kissing his own wife! You can watch his interview with NBC here. The interviewers were seemingly enchanted by his covenant-keeping with his own wife."

    This is considered positive PR to boost his acting career?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

  4. #22114
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Kirk Cameron says being gay is unnatural



    Go on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I thought Cameron was gay.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4"]banana[/YOUTUBE]

  5. #22115
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What is "the way"? Is he some kind of religious wacko?
    yes. I think that was the implication of Iwakar's picture. He seemed relatively normal during most of "Growing Pains" but he found his way through some hardcore Christianity and became a pain in the butt to work with because the show was not instilling Christian values in some of the later episodes.... supposedly. This is what I have read about him.

  6. #22116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4"]banana[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts"]The Monkees - I'm A Believer[/YOUTUBE]
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

  7. #22117
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDUBfRSf63w&feature=results_main&playnext= 1&list=PL5A4AB831E41E2972"]Scientific Proof of God[/YOUTUBE] Ray Comfort published an edited version of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species, leaving out several chapters.

    Sorry for all the edits but I was trying find a video on his thoughts.

  8. #22118
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Scientific Proof of God[/YOUTUBE] Ray Comfort published an edited version of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species, leaving out several chapters. Sorry for all the edits but I was trying find a video on his thoughts.
    I saw this announced within the last 24 hours with Cameron's latest anti-gay commentary in the press, where they mentioned he was handing out "edited versions of Origin of Species" on college campuses.

    Made me wonder what he edited out. Maybe people should start handing out copies of Jefferson's Bible (where Tom cut out all the parts of the NT he disagreed with) on campuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    yes. I think that was the implication of Iwakar's picture. He seemed relatively normal during most of "Growing Pains" but he found his way through some hardcore Christianity and became a pain in the butt to work with because the show was not instilling Christian values in some of the later episodes.... supposedly. This is what I have read about him.
    That is correct. it was a hard time between him and the director/writers.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #22119
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Made me wonder what he edited out. Maybe people should start handing out copies of Jefferson's Bible (where Tom cut out all the parts of the NT he disagreed with) on campuses.
    The book was published to celebrate the 150th anniversary in 2009, i think. This link describes what is left out. http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/god...istorts-darwin

  10. #22120
    FRACTALICIOUS Array phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,216
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO