User Tag List

Page 2152 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 115216522052210221422150215121522153215421622202225226523152 ... LastLast
Results 21,511 to 21,520 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Oooh, just found out on Facebook that Josh Harris is single again. If I weren't married I would go meet him somehow and make him mine, muahahaha! I'd be totally fine being a crab fisherman's girlfriend... you are gone for months at a time? No problem, plenty of 'I' time for me! Maybe I'd even tag along now and then.
    Introversion on max.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    I'm trying to read Jung's Psychological Types and I can't help thinking how convoluted his writing is. He's terrible at being an effective communicator.

"Moreover, the rational type's link to the object, from the very existence of a judgment, never means such an unconditioned relation as that which the sensation-type has with the object."

What?
    I think, the same as Freud, that his writing had to be better or different in the original German, although some of his books are better than others, I definitely found that his writing about the eastern travels and the occult, both in the routeledge classics editions, were easier than his essays on contemporary events or his book on archetypes.

Although I still think that Anthony Storr and Anthony Steven's introductions and overviews to Jung are essential reading before reading his books directly, probably Steven's book is the best for the purests, there's an excellent exposition of Jung's version of the unconscious in it (Storr just says no one is particularly interested in it anymore) the way its illustrated is great and I always visualise it not as a mandala like everyone suggests you should and more like a solar system or constellation with the archetypes being planets and the conscious and unconscious and collective unconscious being the planets orbits.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wish ukeleles had 6 strings.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Banned Array

Applying for jobs. Holy crap, I can't think! I'm stalled out on basic javascript problems. OH MY GOD!

And I'm feeling stuck. Maybe trapped. Can't shake loose.

MBTI
    INTP

Note to self: The pan that comes out of the oven is 350F, much hotter than human skin can withstand. Don't touch it!
    "It's never enough." The Cure

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Note to self: The pan that comes out of the oven is 350F, much hotter than human skin can withstand. Don't touch it!
    Oh noez! What happened?

I used to have a similar problem in the lab with pyrex glassware. "It looks normal..I'm sure it's fine." *touch* "Owwww!"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Oh noez! What happened?

I used to have a similar problem in the lab with pyrex glassware. "It looks normal..I'm sure it's fine." *touch* "Owwww!"
    Oh its what I always do, forgot it just came out of the oven. I have a nice welt already. My body can't seem to watch out for itself. You would think after all these years it would realize my brain has better things to think about besides avoiding doorjams and hot pans.

NPcomplete

Oh its what I always do, forgot it just came out of the oven. I have a nice welt already. My body can't seem to watch out for itself. You would think after all these years it would realize my brain has better things to think about besides avoiding doorjams and hot pans.
    That sucks. Hmm put something on it maybe?

You need to upgrade your software...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    That sucks. Hmm put something on it maybe?

You need to upgrade your software...
    The, gulp, ultimate upgrade????

NPcomplete

The, gulp, ultimate upgrade????

Look at it this way: no more burns. Eh? How does that sound?

Edit:

Hahaahh cybermen! No, you won't be a cyberperson.

But if you insist: