User Tag List

Page 2087 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 108715871987203720772085208620872088208920972137218725873087 ... LastLast
Results 20,861 to 20,870 of 67768

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INtP

My favorite bookstore of 15 years closed recently, so I went to a new one tonight (in the middle of a gargantuan suburban mall ). So I walked around the whole store three times looking for the Science section. Never found one. They did have three shelves of "Teen Paranormal Romance" though. Has it come to this?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    My favorite bookstore of 15 years closed recently, so I went to a new one tonight (in the middle of a gargantuan suburban mall ). So I walked around the whole store three times looking for the Science section. Never found one. They did have three shelves of "Teen Paranormal Romance" though. Has it come to this?
    I saw this during Christmas shopping. I found 2 sparsly populated bookcases, containing a halfhearted assortment of both science and mathematics books, while Teen Paranormal Romance had 3 bookcases all to itself.

Closing bookstores. What a bummer. They used to be my home away from home.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Whatevs loves Batboy.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Whatevs loves Batboy.
    nah... his ears are too pointy... and that article was all about selling your soul to the devil anyways
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Tabloids in the US are different to the UK. Those are like funny papers.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I saw this during Christmas shopping. I found 2 sparsly populated bookcases, containing a halfhearted assortment of both science and mathematics books, while Teen Paranormal Romance had 3 bookcases all to itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Closing bookstores. What a bummer. They used to be my home away from home.
    Yup .

Pretty depressing. They had most of the other sections you'd expect to see, "Fiction and Literature", "Romance", "Business", "Psychology", etc. -- but no Science or Mathematics. As close as it got was some technology/programming books. There's always Amazon, but I kind of like browsing and flipping through books before I buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    nah... his ears are too pointy... and that article was all about selling your soul to the devil anyways
    Yeah and depressingly "for money" only just trails behind "I would never sell my soul" confirming that I hate the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Yup .

Pretty depressing. They had most of the other sections you'd expect to see, "Fiction and Literature", "Romance", "Business", "Psychology", etc. -- but no Science or Mathematics. As close as it got was some technology/programming books. There's always Amazon, but I kind of like browsing and flipping through books before I buy them.
    I always used to find and still do find it difficult to find the books I'm looking for sometimes, the topical breakdown of the forum here is good for interests for me and book shops dont mirror that much, mind you a lot of the pop publishing which crowds out the shelves is shit. I used to wish that they had a politics and current events shelf in my local waterstones and when they finally did a few years back it was just in time for the dross I never want to read to populate it.