User Tag List

Page 2024 of 6764 FirstFirst ... 102415241924197420142022202320242025202620342074212425243024 ... LastLast
Results 20,231 to 20,240 of 67638

Thread: Random Thought Thread

I need a shower to rinse off the moralizing bullshit.
    And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country . . . wait, this is 2016.

Sniffles

HAIL CAESAR!

Sniffles

Perhaps I really do need to elaborate more on my thesis about how people often confuse type or typological functions with certain philosophical-intellectual premises.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Perhaps I really do need to elaborate more on my thesis about how people often confuse type or typological functions with certain philosophical-intellectual premises.
    You consider there to be a dichotomy which can not be bridged?

I tend to think of them in both categories in different contexts, you could be a specific type but value another, or its attributes, making one a philosophical-intellectual ideal.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You consider there to be a dichotomy which can not be bridged?
    I tend to see typological function as relating more to methodology or approach to such questions, rather than determining one's actual premises. Being NTP doesn't imply one has to be a logical positivist to give one example. Being NFP doesn't mean one has to adhere to subjectivism. Being STJ doesn't imply being a pragmatist. And so on.

I tend to see typological function as relating more to methodology or approach to such questions, rather than determining one's actual premises. Being NTP doesn't imply one has to be a logical positivist to give one example. Being NFP doesn't mean one has to adhere to subjectivism. Being STJ doesn't imply being a pragmatist. And so on.
    This is interesting, maybe you should post the thread, it would be enlightening for me at least

Sniffles

To move this in a different direction @Lark, here's a link trying to link type to certain forms of Christian(Catholic) spirituality - each with its own themes and whatnot:
    http://www.pathtales.com/holyspirit/Types.html

This parallels to what I'm getting at - but with a more philosophical bent as opposed to spiritual.

I can not stop thinking about how beautiful scottish women are, this is probably 90% of my random thoughts at the moment, here represented by a picture of Karen Gillan the actress from Dr. Who (although she's a bit young for me to actually fancy being 32 she's someone that I think people would recognise).

The other 10% of my random thoughts are probably about comics, phlosophy and coffee. Also I wish I was fitter or thiner or some combination of both.

To move this in a different direction @Lark, here's a link trying to link type to certain forms of Christian(Catholic) spirituality - each with its own themes and whatnot:
    http://www.pathtales.com/holyspirit/Types.html

This parallels to what I'm getting at - but with a more philosophical bent as opposed to spiritual.
    Awesome, I've seen the enneagram linked to different "jesus" archetypes and featured in spiritual books before in Veritas in Dublin but I know people are divided on it and some people I used to know thought enneagram was work of the devil. Could be the Gudgerif (spelling) connection.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Awesome, I've seen the enneagram linked to different "jesus" archetypes and featured in spiritual books before in Veritas in Dublin but I know people are divided on it and some people I used to know thought enneagram was work of the devil. Could be the Gudgerif (spelling) connection.
    Yeah Rohr wrote a book on the connections between each Enneagram type and certain characteristics of the Christian tradition, including being prone to certain sins which is the inherent flaw in each type.