User Tag List

Page 2008 of 6785 FirstFirst ... 100815081908195819982006200720082009201020182058210825083008 ... LastLast
Results 20,071 to 20,080 of 67841

Thread: Random Thought Thread

FigerPuppet

I wish all Jews could be as awesome as this guy.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tObbj_i8CkI"]Manny Horvitz[/YOUTUBE]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Moving this news.
    Hi! And your name is?

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Regret... wistfulness...

But time for a new beginning.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I agreed to read and edit my BFF's memoir that she is writing as her final project for her MFA in creative nonfiction. And um... it's not good. There are some good images, but the rest... not so much. I'm trying hard to restrict myself to marking grammar and punctuation errors, and making general suggestions about flow and structure, but I have to restrain myself from re-writing entire paragraphs for her. It should be up to her professors to help her work on the writing specifically... but it does not seem as though they have been very interested in doing that....
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I agreed to read and edit my BFF's memoir that she is writing as her final project for her MFA in creative nonfiction. And um... it's not good. There are some good images, but the rest... not so much. I'm trying hard to restrict myself to marking grammar and punctuation errors, and making general suggestions about flow and structure, but I have to restrain myself from re-writing entire paragraphs for her. It should be up to her professors to help her work on the writing specifically... but it does not seem as though they have been very interested in doing that....
    Is the difficulty really with the professor, or with her?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was married for something like 14 years and managed to get away without reading anything my ex's fiction because I am quite sure my sensibilities would've very much disagreed with it. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do the same. But if I did it now, I'd offer a couple useful suggestions on how to make it better and resist explaining everything about how bad it is.

So, It sounds like you're doing good.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Is the difficulty really with the professor, or with her?
    Well, I think it's a combination of both, plus the school overall. I don't think she's a very good writer, and if her professors couldn't manage to teach her how to be a good writer, then they shouldn't award her an MFA in writing.

She's a fantastic artist-- why she didn't go for an MFA in visual arts is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I was married for something like 14 years and managed to get away without reading anything my ex's fiction because I am quite sure my sensibilities would've very much disagreed with it. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do the same. But if I did it now, I'd offer a couple useful suggestions on how to make it better and resist explaining everything about how bad it is.

So, It sounds like you're doing good.
    Thanks!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

Loving Mary J Blige's new CD

Ginkgo

Well, I think it's a combination of both, plus the school overall. I don't think she's a very good writer, and if her professors couldn't manage to teach her how to be a good writer, then they shouldn't award her an MFA in writing.
    Solid reasoning.