MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I really really want some orange juice.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~
    Likes Bknight liked this post

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

Noticing that most of my chairs have been outfitted with my sons socks. I thought they'd all gone to mysterious sock land, but they've been hiding on my chairs all this time...
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Noticing that most of my chairs have been outfitted with my sons socks. I thought they'd all gone to mysterious sock land, but they've been hiding on my chairs all this time...
    Kid socks are mysterious critters. Besides the ones that lurk on, under, and inside non-feet-related furniture, they also like to venture outside onto the front porch, the driveway, and the grass around and under the trampoline in the back yard.

You need to chain and cage them, if you don't want them to roam free!

Adult socks still get goofy but usually stay in a relevant spot -- bathroom floor, under the bed covers, lint trays, or in drawers and hampers.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Haha, as long as they stay out of the refrigerator, considering that's my cell phone's territory, I think they can play nicely together in their various locations.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Oh snap, no cell phones in the fridge here, but they do migrate to the bathroom sink and the kitchen counter... Yours must be very furry, to be hot enough to crawl in there.

do cell phones break if you freeze them?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I keep mine wrapped in a pelt for protection.

Luckily I'm never left it in the freezer, but I imagine they'd be alright as long as they're only visiting.

Supreme High Commander Array Andy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    Matrixing is a term that is becoming more commonly used to describe the misidentification of something ordinary as something unusual. It comes into play most often when people take photographs and spot something in the picture they are sure was not there when the photo was taken. Often, it is a face or figure and seems to be human.

Why Does Matrixing Happen?

One explanation is that recognizing other humans, and the faces of parents, is the first skill a baby learns. Pattern recognition of this sort is also a survival tool, giving the earliest humans a way to spot predators in hiding. The skill is so fundamental that, when presented with a random set of patterns the human brain attempts to make sense of what it sees. If it can possibly resolve that random pattern into a familiar object or image -like a face-, it will.

That sort of thing can explain a lot of superstition. People see two things happening at once, and conclude they must be related. The human brain is pattern spotting machine, in many ways.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    ...The human brain is pattern spotting machine, in many ways.
    Totally.

Personality impacts the sort of patterns that are made and/or looked for.
    Some people also are not conscious they are making patterns (i.e., a connection that is on some level an assumption), they just experience their perceptions as explicitly real.

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    does anyone else here associate periods/seasons of time in your life with the music you listened to at that time? Whenever I listen to certain things it's like all the imagery comes back.
    Yes, definitely.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

randomly thinking about calming down