User Tag List

Page 1992 of 6785 FirstFirst ... 99214921892194219821990199119921993199420022042209224922992 ... LastLast
Results 19,911 to 19,920 of 67841

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    You know, I tried to google this for details - but as it turns out there is a brand of night vision binoculars with the brand 'Panda' and that is the only thing that would come up.
    Google likes me better.

http://www.bearsoftheworld.net/giant_panda_bears.htm

The panda's eyes have pupils with vertical slits like many nocturnal animals and have excellent night vision. However, they are nearsighted and are thought to have limited color vision.

Anew Leaf

Today my power shut off because of the snow, I presume.

It was in that moment that I realized I do not own a single candle or flashlight. My cell phone was also dead, so I could not use it to light my path. My room was pitch black.

I had to turn on my laptop and use it as a flashlight.

Tomorrow I will go to WalMart and buy a flashlight and some candles - just in case.
    Youre creating a whole new paradigm of what it means to be an ISTJ!!!! The madness!!!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Have to spend all night and tomorrow getting ready for the Christmas party tomorrow night. *Sigh* Boring.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Youre creating a whole new paradigm of what it means to be an ISTJ!!!! The madness!!!
    Well, I called my mom after I posted that (and after my light came back on) and she said "You know there's a flashlight in the 'emergency kit' in your car's trunk, right?" So I could have gone out to my car for it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array

Well, I called my mom after I posted that (and after my light came back on) and she said "You know there's a flashlight in the 'emergency kit' in your car's trunk, right?" So I could have gone out to my car for it.
    If you didn't know it was there you should probably still go to Wal-Mart for batteries if you don't have any lying around.

I should probably put a random thought in here as well...

Mythbusters shot a cannonball into a residential neighborhood in CA yesterday. Went 700 yards before blasting through a house, across a 4-lane street, bounced off a roof and into a minivan. This is after it punched through a concrete wall at the range and skipped up and over a hillside. I want a cannon for Christmas!

Anew Leaf

It's still very INFP of you to need someone else to remind you of that. *bestows INFP for a day crown upon your brow*

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Mythbusters shot a cannonball into a residential neighborhood in CA yesterday. Went 700 yards before blasting through a house, across a 4-lane street, bounced off a roof and into a minivan. This is after it punched through a concrete wall at the range and skipped up and over a hillside. I want a cannon for Christmas!
    Have you ever watched Punkin Chunkin on TV? You comment reminded me of it because the one guy from Mythbusters hosts it. Every year after Halloween there is a show where teams build trebuchets, catapults, and air cannons to launch pumpkins across a field. They have youth and adult competitions.

That show always made me want to build a trebuchet.

You would probably like the air cannons though.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    If you didn't know it was there you should probably still go to Wal-Mart for batteries if you don't have any lying around.

I should probably put a random thought in here as well...

This <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwacha> is still my favourite Mythbuster-tested thing.

Senior Member Array

Have you ever watched Punkin Chunkin on TV? You comment reminded me of it because the one guy from Mythbusters hosts it. Every year after Halloween there is a show where teams build trebuchets, catapults, and air cannons to launch pumpkins across a field. They have youth and adult competitions.

That show always made me want to build a trebuchet.

You would probably like the air cannons though.
    I love trebuchets, pretty much anything that can fire a missile of some kind makes for a fun day.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    This <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwacha> is still my favourite Mythbuster-tested thing.
    Awesome! Unfortunately, due to yesterday's misfire Mythbusters has frozen production until the investigation is finished.