User Tag List

Page 1949 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 94914491849189919391947194819491950195119591999204924492949 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,490 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I really hate when people try to guilt me into donating to this or that charity that they're trying to raise money for, implying that anyone who doesn't contribute is insensitive and cheap. I already donate to my chosen charities.
    Part of the reason I support no charitable efforts what so ever. Never will.

I'm pretty pissed off that this "purple book" from the so called progressive wing of the UK Labour Party could as easily be an excerpt from the free market conservatives "blue book" or the free market liberals "Orang book", they might aswell save everyone the time and write "we will do whatever suits the banks, oh, and cut taxes".

I swear to God that we're governed by a parliament of whores. Pure and simple.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm pretty pissed off that this "purple book" from the so called progressive wing of the UK Labour Party could as easily be an excerpt from the free market conservatives "blue book" or the free market liberals "Orang book", they might aswell save everyone the time and write "we will do whatever suits the banks, oh, and cut taxes".

I swear to God that we're governed by a parliament of whores. Pure and simple.
    I take it due to recent events the "Green Book" has fallen from favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I take it due to recent events the "Green Book" has fallen from favor?
    Ha! I think I know what you're referencing here, although in theory that particular book is still being followed to the letter, could take some spin to figure that out but all the same.

Its part of the reason why people in the know understood the significance of Martin Magginess as a presidential candidate being challenged by the family of a dead free state soldier in Athlone (Athlone being the site of royal succession in Irish myth and the site of future legitimatel government, as oppose to Dublin's the old colonial home of authority, in Green Book lore).

when i'm towards the end of my bubble tea.
    i suck the tapioca balls into my mouth. then
    shove them back one by one into the straw
    with my tongue.

i wonder if anybody will crave for my pre-sucked
    re-loaded tapioca balls in a straw.

i had bonchon chicken earlier.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Sniffles

Ha! I think I know what you're referencing here, although in theory that particular book is still being followed to the letter, could take some spin to figure that out but all the same.

Its part of the reason why people in the know understood the significance of Martin Magginess as a presidential candidate being challenged by the family of a dead free state soldier in Athlone (Athlone being the site of royal succession in Irish myth and the site of future legitimatel government, as oppose to Dublin's the old colonial home of authority, in Green Book lore).
    Actually I was referring to Qaddafi's Green Book, but I quickly remembered there's another green book that applies closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Actually I was referring to Qaddafi's Green Book, but I quickly remembered there's another green book that applies closer to home.
    I read that once, I wish to God that I'd bought it when I had a chance recently in an oddball second hand book shop, its like a lot of things, great ideas but terrible consequences.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

...great ideas but terrible consequences.
    How is an idea great if it has terrible consequences?
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post

And it's lighter than the grey one!

Between you and @YWIR your avatars have got me really fuckin freaked out. Stop it. Just stop it.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Aah, Cap'n Crunch cereal is SO sweet.