User Tag List

Page 1937 of 6770 FirstFirst ... 93714371837188719271935193619371938193919471987203724372937 ... LastLast
Results 19,361 to 19,370 of 67691

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I hate it too. But it's worse if you're not invited at all, than if you get asked it but can't make it due to other commitments. At least then they thought of you.

I wouldn't really care with co-workers as more of them are just colleagues and not so much friends, but I've had so-called friends do that to me too. I remember this, ahem, bitchy girl who I used to know who I had a lot of mutual friends and acquaintances with. She'd always organise parties and never invite me. Then she'd come up to me another day and say things like "Oh, we had a party, it was really fun! We should have invited you!"
    Yeah, usually with coworkers I wouldn't care, except that in our office, EVERYONE in my peer group tends to be invited to these parties, except me. :P And this was even worse because one of the participants in the conversation is one of the few people in the office I actually consider a friend, not just a friendly colleague.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Yeah, usually with coworkers I wouldn't care, except that in our office, EVERYONE in my peer group tends to be invited to these parties, except me. :P And this was even worse because one of the participants in the conversation is one of the few people in the office I actually consider a friend, not just a friendly colleague.
    What I particularly dislike personally about this type of thing is how it feels like being in high school again Both the actions of the people I'm apparently friends with, and questioning my own reaction to it.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What I particularly dislike personally about this type of thing is how it feels like being in high school again Both the actions of the people I'm apparently friends with, and questioning my own reaction to it.
    YES, absolutely. Probably I'm not invited because they know I wouldn't come anyway, so I should be glad that I don't have to come up with an excuse not to go. But SOMETIMES I'm in the mood to go to a party, and it'd be nice to be invited. I make it a point to show up once in awhile, so it's not like I NEVER go to things I'm invited to...

My blog:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

YES, absolutely. Probably I'm not invited because they know I wouldn't come anyway, so I should be glad that I don't have to come up with an excuse not to go. But SOMETIMES I'm in the mood to go to a party, and it'd be nice to be invited. I make it a point to show up once in awhile, so it's not like I NEVER go to things I'm invited to...
    My experience (well, my own experience and that of similar-temperament friends) is that if you always say no, people will stop bothering. But as you say, if you say yes at least sometimes, they have no reason to not ask. It is nice to be included. If I have to say no (or secretly it's something I really don't want to attend...) I usually make a point of saying "thanks so much, hopefully another time!" or something like that, trying not to sound needy

I might be taking this too far but it almost seems like a typical INFJ problem. When we socialize with people we're usually quite fun. But it's perhaps the fairly reserved exterior - certain people have often assumed from the word go with me that I would never ever be interested in their parties. (Whereas I probably wouldn't ALWAYS be, but sometimes, sure!). Then if they actually see me at a party, or hear about one of my nights out at a rock concert they conclude I'm actually more fun than they thought! But they still don't quite know how to take me
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I might be taking this too far but it almost seems like a typical INFJ problem. When we socialize with people we're usually quite fun. But it's perhaps the fairly reserved exterior - certain people have often assumed from the word go with me that I would never ever be interested in their parties. (Whereas I probably wouldn't ALWAYS be, but sometimes, sure!). Then if they actually see me at a party, or hear about one of my nights out at a rock concert they conclude I'm actually more fun than they thought! But they still don't quite know how to take me
    I don't think it's taking it to far. It might not be an issue with all INFJs, but I think it's something quite a few of us can relate to. Most of the time, I kind of relish being the mystery that no one can quite figure out. But it does make it hard to establish a solid group of friends... I tend to have more one-off friendships, and not really ever fit mainly into one group. Then, I have to divide my social time between separate groups, plus I have to make lots of time for alone time. So even though I might be doing social things fairly often, any one group might feel like they never see me and like you said, they stop bothering to invite me. Le sigh.

My blog:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think it's taking it to far. It might not be an issue with all INFJs, but I think it's something quite a few of us can relate to. Most of the time, I kind of relish being the mystery that no one can quite figure out. But it does make it hard to establish a solid group of friends... I tend to have more one-off friendships, and not really ever fit mainly into one group. Then, I have to divide my social time between separate groups, plus I have to make lots of time for alone time. So even though I might be doing social things fairly often, any one group might feel like they never see me and like you said, they stop bothering to invite me. Le sigh.
    It's hard to find people who really "get" you, for sure. I've settled for a tiny number who REALLY do (like, two?) and some more who somewhat do, and make the effort (and it's reciprocal.) Which is pretty fantastic actually. I know many people never have nearly that much. But most of those close friends are IxxJ.

And yeah, I sometimes end up with friends scattered here and there through social groups and though in some cases they know each other at least a bit, they don't get along that well, so I can't really mix them up much either without it getting awkward. Le sigh!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

A Mystery Array Jacques Le Paul's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Where did the rum go?
    Let thought and reasoning be your guide, it certainly is mine!

Always forward, never back!

I'm an idiot, but I'm willing to learn. So that separates me from the idiot who isn't.

My blog in regular blogs

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

blah! why do bitter banned intjs always make dupes and end up getting perma banned i thought they were suppose to be smart.
    by @magpie

figsfiggyfigs

lol @ patchessucks

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I feel like a bad person for being irritated. But, if I was in remission for pancreatic cancer, I wouldn't unload all the details of my treatments and side effects within the first two minutes of meeting somebody while they were eating.