User Tag List

Page 1906 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 90614061806185618961904190519061907190819161956200624062906 ... LastLast
Results 19,051 to 19,060 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

After watching a documentary about Life After People... it's sent me into an existentialist binge. Just how frail human life really is. We have to make the most of our lives and truly make a difference.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have a dozen, but most are banned now.
    Ah, then you only have one. Anyone else?

Is there a near-earth asteroid pass I haven't heard about?

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    After watching a documentary about Life After People... it's sent me into an existentialist binge. Just how frail human life really is. We have to make the most of our lives and truly make a difference.
    I had a similar realisation last night, but it was more tree hugger-centric.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I had a similar realisation last night, but it was more tree hugger-centric.
    Humanity does abuse the hell out of nature, that's true. We need to respect nature, for certain.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

NPcomplete

Humanity does abuse the hell out of nature, that's true. We need to respect nature, for certain.

INTJ friend called me overly idealistic.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

INTJ friend called me overly idealistic.
    Aww.

Well, in a pragmatic sense, respecting nature benefits us as human beings too. Nature fights back against us. Once we set in motion the feedback loop of taking away resources from nature, it ends up making things go back to bite us in the end. From a biological perspective, plants are the very basis of the foodweb. Without plants, at least terrestrial plants, terrestrial life will cease to exist. Other organisms depend upon plants (primary consumers) and then the secondary consumers consume the organisms that fed on the plants, and the energy from the plants goes into the rest of the food web, until it hits us and other apex predators on the top of the food chain.

Quite fascinating to think of though, that the energy in food all derives from sunlight... the sun's energy harvested from plants during photosynthesis. So would that mean there's a little bit of sunlight in all of us, I suppose from an energy continuum perspective, it would.

Now I'm on an Ni-Ti loop.

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

NPcomplete

Aww.

Well, in a pragmatic sense, respecting nature benefits us as human beings too. Nature fights back against us. Once we set in motion the feedback loop of taking away resources from nature, it ends up making things go back to bite us in the end. From a biological perspective, plants are the very basis of the foodweb. Without plants, at least terrestrial plants, terrestrial life will cease to exist. Other organisms depend upon plants (primary consumers) and then the secondary consumers consume the organisms that fed on the plants, and the energy from the plants goes into the rest of the food web, until it hits us and other apex predators on the top of the food chain.

Quite fascinating to think of though, that the energy in food all derives from sunlight... the sun's energy harvested from plants during photosynthesis. So would that mean there's a little bit of sunlight in all of us, I suppose from an energy continuum perspective, it would.

Now I'm on an Ni-Ti loop.
    Ni-Ti loop: is that good?

Although my points were expressed differently, what you wrote is basically the gist of it. Oh well.

In any case, I know I was right.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Ni-Ti loop: is that good?

Although my points were expressed differently, what you wrote is basically the gist of it. Oh well.

In any case, I know I was right.
    Difference between Ni and Ne style communication, my friend. Don't worry about it.

Ni-Ti loops are good, actually. I love it when my brain's thinking about big ideas!

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

NPcomplete

Difference between Ni and Ne style communication, my friend. Don't worry about it.

Ni-Ti loops are good, actually. I love it when my brain's thinking about big ideas!
    Aww

Probably a difference between communication styles.

Oh I like those loops.