User Tag List

Page 1831 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 83113311731178118211829183018311832183318411881193123312831 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,310 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I just met with a really nice student
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Just a statistic Array rhinosaur's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Wowowowowowow I have had way too much coffee. Zoooooom

There WAS NOT a dead pig on the elevator.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Phone is ringing off the hook. Please stop it!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Fuck the low carb diet. Being sick calls for chicken noodle soup.

I better be over this cold within the next 9 days...
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

University PA system just issued a tornado warning. It is totally clear outside and there's nothing on the news.

WHY ARE THEY LYING TO US?

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    WHY ARE THEY LYING TO US?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M"]Well, let's just say...[/YOUTUBE]

Give my best to Hyde.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Other than the money situation, I felt MUCH greater freedom in university. (Then again, I wasn't a very serious student. I am a very serious employee, though.)

The work world is min 40 hrs/week, you have to be there during a given 8 hrs/day, which actually takes more like 11 hrs out of your day if you include lunch hour and the commute both ways. And there are WAY more deadlines at work than in university.

And at work you have workplace politics with your boss and everyone you work with. You HAVE to get along with them and they have to like you, your job and career depend on it. No matter how benevolent and easy you are to get along with, if you accidentally say the wrong thing to the wrong person, it could almost ruin your career. You have to suck up to the boss and your clients. After the first couple of years, your learning curve goes way down and you learn something new maybe once a month. It becomes all about finding ways to make everything cookie cutter, and turning everything into an efficient administrative process with all necessity for deep thought and innovation removed. Plan, schedule, execute. Work, eat, sleep. Plan, schedule, execute. Work, eat sleep. Even engineering design is really more like an assembly line.

:marionette:

In university, you show up to class whenever you feel like it, do whatever you want with the rest of your days, and party all weekend. You get to keep learning new stuff, and if you want good marks, you can study it on your own schedule, whenever you want. The only time you have pressure is exam time, or when you have major assignments/labs due. The rest of the time is yours to choose. And university has a better selection of people for hanging out with and dating than the workforce, in my experience.

:linedance:
    Baaaaaaah. Workplace politics make me wary a bit (a lot actually!). During my internship, I was allowed to be who I am and the craziness was even appreciated. I don't know how they would have reacted if I were a real employee.

Well even engineering design lost its attraction (to me) when it stopped being about using creativity and became all about repeating old designs and making some modifications here and there. Heck, even research has become tedious (repeating experiments etc). But we'll see. I'll have to join the workforce at some point (in the near future) anyway.

I'll definitely miss school life (and my friends!!!) though.

Glycerine

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!