User Tag List

Page 1830 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 83013301730178018201828182918301831183218401880193023302830 ... LastLast
Results 18,291 to 18,300 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Jesus Christ Seth Rogen has an annoying laugh.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I felt much greater freedom in the work world. No mandatory studying. No tests. No real deadlines. (don't tell my boss I said that ) Big pay. Free evenings and weekends. Travel opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Ah yes. No real deadlines would be great. University deadlines (specially the Admin ones) are so set in stone. I get antsy just thinking about those. And I am working on a tight deadline right now. Might explain the bleh-ness as well.

You just made the work world seem more interesting. :P
    Other than the money situation, I felt MUCH greater freedom in university. (Then again, I wasn't a very serious student. I am a very serious employee, though.)

The work world is min 40 hrs/week, you have to be there during a given 8 hrs/day, which actually takes more like 11 hrs out of your day if you include lunch hour and the commute both ways. And there are WAY more deadlines at work than in university.

And at work you have workplace politics with your boss and everyone you work with. You HAVE to get along with them and they have to like you, your job and career depend on it. No matter how benevolent and easy you are to get along with, if you accidentally say the wrong thing to the wrong person, it could almost ruin your career. You have to suck up to the boss and your clients. After the first couple of years, your learning curve goes way down and you learn something new maybe once a month. It becomes all about finding ways to make everything cookie cutter, and turning everything into an efficient administrative process with all necessity for deep thought and innovation removed. Plan, schedule, execute. Work, eat, sleep. Plan, schedule, execute. Work, eat sleep. Even engineering design is really more like an assembly line.

:marionette:

In university, you show up to class whenever you feel like it, do whatever you want with the rest of your days, and party all weekend. You get to keep learning new stuff, and if you want good marks, you can study it on your own schedule, whenever you want. The only time you have pressure is exam time, or when you have major assignments/labs due. The rest of the time is yours to choose. And university has a better selection of people for hanging out with and dating than the workforce, in my experience.

:linedance:

I want to thank all of the people who have made typology happen. @Jaguar, @shortnsweet, the guy with the muscles and the stuck caps lock key, mom, all of my avid, high-velocity fans, and others who shall remain anonymous b/c I don't remember names if I try to remember names, I usually remember faces and things of that nature and its rude to call people out like this. shout out, i mean, thats right, right? k thx
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

What are you doing?

i want to go back to tanzania!
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My mom's Facebook page has "Eminem" listed under 'Favorite Music'.

What the fuck?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array

I went and saw Drive yesterday.

I'm going to see it again today. I am still awestruck by how much I loved it. Go see it! Not many people have. I haven't been keeping up with the latest releases for a while but it turns out Drive has been out a week and a half and it finished 3rd over its first weekend at the North American box office. This past weekend it dropped to 7th. It's a crying shame that a turd of a movie like Abduction has been better received by paying audiences.

EDIT: I think I finally found an avatar for myself.

EDIT²: Ah, that's better.

I painstakingly wrote a very personal, relatively long (for me) post, opening up about things I have never shared on TypoC. And then a computer malfunction caused it to be lost. And I just don't know if I can conjure up the words to share it again.

This happens all the time to people. Everyone admits its frustrating, but its typically no big deal. Yet it feels really poignant to me just now. I'm not exactly sure what defeats me.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Will Muschamp doesn't know what a Padawan is.

I cannot root for Florida now. They are dead to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Jesus Christ Seth Rogen has an annoying laugh.
    Agreed. It sounds like someone revving the engine of a really old pickup truck.