User Tag List

Page 1801 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 80113011701175117911799180018011802180318111851190123012801 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,010 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I don't understand how it's even possible to understand anything scientific or mathematical without visualizing it.

To me it seems like without visualization, all you can do is memorize worded explanations without understanding them. But I know that can't be right; it's just my bias because I'm a visual learner.
    Yeah I actually have to see everything (usually in the form of spider plots or flowcharts) in my mind to really understand the topics.

Why do radio stations play the same cycle of songs at the same time every day? It's come to the point where I can now predict which songs they'll be playing.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Even though it was rainy at Fest today, I had a lovely time. Until the end of the day when everyone else got cranky/over-sensitive and brought me down. :P
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Crazy bastards = whiny poker players.

Senior Member Array

I had an epiphany today. A very profound thought, the kind of realization that makes you stop thinking for a moment because you need that moment to appreciate the depth and enormity of that thought.

And then I forgot it. I don't remember at all. I don't even have a general idea of what it was about.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Yeah I actually have to see everything (usually in the form of spider plots or flowcharts) in my mind to really understand the topics.
    Yep, and it isn't just the graphs, but it's visualizing things in 3D, also. I don't understand how auditory learners can understand anything that operates in 3D. Basic examples: how can you understand electrons around a nucleus without visualizing it? How can you understand the concepts of pressure and temperature without visualizing the molecules bumping around? (Maybe I'll start a thread later, unless someone else wants to do it .)

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Why do radio stations play the same cycle of songs at the same time every day? It's come to the point where I can now predict which songs they'll be playing.
    (In case that wasn't a rhetorical question....) The top songs are the songs that draw the most listeners, and therefore the most commercial endorsement money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

If only I had £1,000,000... *into a dream state*.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Yep, and it isn't just the graphs, but it's visualizing things in 3D, also. I don't understand how auditory learners can understand anything that operates in 3D. Basic examples: how can you understand electrons around a nucleus without visualizing it? How can you understand the concepts of pressure and temperature without visualizing the molecules bumping around? (Maybe I'll start a thread later, unless someone else wants to do it .)

(In case that wasn't a rhetorical question....) The top songs are the songs that draw the most listeners, and therefore the most commercial endorsement money.

Re: the first part

Yes! I imagine everything in terms of images too. Even when I have to explain concepts, it's through loads of diagrams (but analogies that conjure up images help too). I'm not an auditory learner at all either.

Re: the second part

Don't people get bored of the repetitions?

Edit: Perhaps they don't. Oh well.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I don't wanna get up today. Argh. I hate being surrounded by so many people, it drains me completely.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

figsfiggyfigs

Apparently, I'm a rep whore. Meaning, I will not be repping, anyone, ever again. Or at least for 3 months. That seems more reasonable. Yes.

Cim is free game though.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can't believe you're actually real. Stop ruining the INFP name. You're setting us back at least a generation in progress.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs