User Tag List

Page 1794 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 79412941694174417841792179317941795179618041844189422942794 ... LastLast
Results 17,931 to 17,940 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #17931
    Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Zodiac, eh? I'm supposing the hippy dippiness of the song was used in contrast with some sort of ultra violent act. :/
    It's a very creepy technique, and the song actually has a spookiness to it...it's sort of like using cartoons and an old 20's song in the film Alice Sweet Alice.

    It's perfect impact.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3


    Fasting for Advent


    Give Vegan


    SEE-Fi /Gamma

  2. #17932
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's a very creepy technique, and the song actually has a spookiness to it...it's sort of like using cartoons and an old 20's song in the film Alice Sweet Alice.

    It's perfect impact.
    Yeah, I could see that playing out effectively. It has abandon in it, hedonism and pure joy. I'm just disillusioned at the reminder that people feel joy while doing things that creep me out.

  3. #17933
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    I have a bright orange pen!

    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  4. #17934
    Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Yeah, I could see that playing out effectively. It has abandon in it, hedonism and pure joy. I'm just disillusioned at the reminder that people feel joy while doing things that creep me out.
    Do you not hear how spooky the song sounds? I think it was more the juxtaposition of the way the song sounds, coupled with the fact that these murders occurred in the late 60's and early 70's during the hippie era, and that the fact the song also seems kind of altered and hallucinogenic, and the Zodiac was batshit crazy...then there's the irony of "singing songs of love"...and the way the verses mention "the crying of humanity."

    The song is perfect on so many levels - aesthetic, ironic, historic...I think it's a real talent to be able to do that.

    But if you already have some deep, deep association with that song it might be harder for you to see it from another angle. I understand, because I have songs like that too.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3


    Fasting for Advent


    Give Vegan


    SEE-Fi /Gamma

  5. #17935
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    wtf?

    Can't you just go shoot a puppy or watch the Hallmark channel instead?
    no, i can not. i don't own a tv and shooting puppies is against the law
    by @magpie

  6. #17936
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Do you not hear how spooky the song sounds? I think it was more the juxtaposition of the way the song sounds, coupled with the fact that these murders occurred in the late 60's and early 70's during the hippie era, and that the fact the song also seems kind of altered and hallucinogenic, and the Zodiac was batshit crazy...then there's the irony of "singing songs of love"...and the way the verses mention "the crying of humanity."

    The song is perfect on so many levels - aesthetic, ironic, historic...I think it's a real talent to be able to do that.

    But if you already have some deep, deep association with that song it might be harder for you to see it from another angle. I understand, because I have songs like that too.
    Nah, I get it. And I don't believe in sacred cows.. I just have to work hard sometimes not to believe in them. Yeah, I have deep associations. Only playing a Stevie Wonder song during a heinous act would disturb me more.

  7. #17937
    From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I have a bright orange pen!

    For the second, when I saw it out of focus, I thought it was a carrot, until I looked again and sure enough, it was an orange pen.


    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  8. #17938
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default


  9. #17939
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no, i can not. i don't own a tv and shooting puppies is against the law
    Maybe you can hang out in Wal-Mart and watch it there?
    Or push puppies over with your hand, if you can't shoot them?

    Come on, girl, I can't do all your thinking for you! Put some effort into this!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #17940
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    I have a brown & silver pen.


Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: Today, 06:29 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO