User Tag List

Page 1792 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 79212921692174217821790179117921793179418021842189222922792 ... LastLast
Results 17,911 to 17,920 of 67804

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Glycerine

YAY for Logic! Now I will know what people are talking about when they attempt to break apart others' arguments.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    You got someone in particular in mind?
    nope anyone will do.
    by @magpie

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

No mam... I will NOT have sex with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    No mam... I will NOT have sex with you.
    Delusions of resoluteness?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    dear mods:ban some controversial or well liked, and on the well liked not me (not myself)damnit mods, i'm not saying to ban not me i don't really know the poster. but banned someone I'm bored. cheeers and thanks, prplchknz
    wtf?

Can't you just go shoot a puppy or watch the Hallmark channel instead?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Oh no, that's no good. On days like that when I have to make it through another day at the office, I take an Airborne in case I'm fighting something off. It works well for me. Then I load up on caffeine, and find somewhere to take a nap at lunch if I'm desperate. Then I go home early, chill out, and go to bed early. If you have an anal boss, negotiate your leaving time and when you'll make it up. Most reasonable bosses have no problem letting you leave early if you're a good worker and not the type to always try to shirk work, which obviously you wouldn't do.
    Airborne is great stuff, despite my fearing it was just an urban legend. I have felt numerous times myself being on the edge of getting a sinus infection or a cold, popped Airborne for a day or two, and I never do get sick.

This week was rough; I actually did go nap in the car 3 out of 4 lunch breaks this week. I typically do not do that.

Well, I don't really have the flexibility in that way because I work for the gov; I have to account for my time. I also cannot afford to take any time off, due to medical leave I'm taking for a month starting in early November, and I'm actually working extra hours on and off in order to have more collected time away in case I need it. That's another reason why I am probably worn down. I just don't have the days for the time I'll need. My bosses have been pretty cool in giving me extra hours at least, and being totally fine with me being out a month as long as I have the days saved.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks. I feel asleep for two hours after I got home last night, and today is Friday so there's still a rush from knowing the week is over at end of day today, even if I am staying late. Also, it got cold here; I'm not happy about the loss of Summer, but for me it's a big rush in the winter to climb under a huge pile of blankets at end of day and fall asleep.

Thanks! I was actually much worse as a kid, but luckily my teachers understood it was a focus problem (with some help from my mom and a few insightful primary teachers). My mom was very insightful in understanding that I needed a challenge, which helped a lot. She was always telling me to find a friend in class to have a friendly competition with.

I'm probably only borderline ADD. I did ask a counselor about it once (while going to her about something else), and some of the main diagnosis questions they ask is if you had trouble in school (no) and if you have trouble thinking deeply about things (no, just mundane things I hate that I haven't relegated to subconscious routine and habit, which I run into a lot).

So I'm not sure if extreme Ne counts as ADD, but it manifests itself similarly in certain situations, like now.
    That's how I experience my N leaning sometimes, since I rely on it for my main social interface. I feel kind of distracted, wandering, bouncing from one thing to the next, needing stimulation in order to be productive, etc. I noticed it very much after I made notable shifts into an N working style, after years of being very private and organizing my life rationally.

I think ADD is probably over-medicated to active and imaginative kids who don't have enough outlets for their energy and creativity, but I think there are definitely some legitimate cases, as well.
    That's my opinion. It exists, yes; but nowadays much of the psychology treatment has become pharmaceutical and I think drugs are overprescribed in general, as if they were a panacea for any emotional stress or difficulty.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Where are the sneers and jeers that you loudly let us hear when our heroes of 16 were executed?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

I have found the place, an idea, to stand on whence I will move the Earth of my theoretical galaxy. Of course I cannot talk about it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD6z0XOMPpA"]Happiness Runs[/YOUTUBE]

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Delusions of resoluteness?
    Quite resolute :/.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow I love being stood up for meetings. My colleague thoughtfully offered to let this French instructor use our office to print out some things on "nice paper..." of course, I'm the one who has to help her do that, which means I have to wait for her and yield my computer to her. First of all, doesn't the French department have a printer and a few sheets of cardstock you could use?? Why do you need to do it here? Second of all, if you say you are going to be here at 11:20, and you're still not here by 11:40, that's really annoying.

Okay this would have been more fitting in the Rant Thread, but this one was readily available so there.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/