User Tag List

Page 1790 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 79012901690174017801788178917901791179218001840189022902790 ... LastLast
Results 17,891 to 17,900 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, frak me, it's flaring up again. I thought I was over this...!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Awesome, Star Fox is a corgi like my Dog.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Autumn beckons.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Autumn beckons.
    I wish Summer would fight back.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The sentence "This needs cleaned out" looks and sounds totally normal to me. I was unaware that it's wrong grammatically. I said this, to which someone responded:
    "You're from Central PA, aren't you?"
    "How did you know that?"
    "That part of the world has a real aversion to the verb 'to be'"

I really didn't know "this needs cleaned" sounded weird.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

this needs clean. is normal
    this needs clean out. not so much it should be this needs to be cleaned out or this needs cleaning out.

says the girls who sucks at grammar
    by @magpie

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The sentence "This needs cleaned out" looks and sounds totally normal to me. I was unaware that it's wrong grammatically. I said this, to which someone responded:
    "How did you know that?"

ROFL! Yup, they pegged us on that one. We skip the "to be" clause in our statements.
    I have received that criticism from others before, including my boss at my old job.

It sound perfectly fine to me too. I grew up right across the border from Hagerstown MD (which is about as "south" in South Central as you can get in PA), the furthest north I have lived is Harrisburg, and now I live in York, which is Central PA and about 10 miles north of the MD border.

Where I grew up, there's actually a small "southern style" accent too, though not nearly as pronounced as a true southern draw. My parents were imports, they grew up on the ABE side of PA, and it's far more pronounced in people who were born and lived here rurally for decades or more. But I've actually heard it in my voice from time to time, and I can even feel myself "drop back" into this comfortable slow lilt on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I wish Summer would fight back.
    Summer is a wuss.
    I suspect all it is going to do is roll over and present its OTHER side to be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    Girl, you can say what you want about grandpa, but don't you say such horrible things about your grammar!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ROFL! Yup, they pegged us on that one. We skip the "to be" clause in our statements.
    I have received that criticism from others before, including my boss at my old job.

It sound perfectly fine to me too. I grew up right across the border from Hagerstown MD (which is about as "south" in South Central as you can get in PA), the furthest north I have lived is Harrisburg, and now I live in York, which is Central PA and about 10 miles north of the MD border.

Where I grew up, there's actually a small "southern style" accent too, though not nearly as pronounced as a true southern draw. My parents were imports, they grew up on the ABE side of PA, and it's far more pronounced in people who were born and lived here rurally for decades or more. But I've actually heard it in my voice from time to time, and I can even feel myself "drop back" into this comfortable slow lilt on occasion.

My area has a bit of that southern drawl. My dad grew up in Central Pa and my mom grew up in Pittsburgh... So we have a pretty interesting mixture of southern-redneck-sounding dialect, and Pittsburghese.

It was also pointed out to me that I say "color" oddly. It sounds more like "keller".
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    "How did you know that?"

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this needs clean. is normal
    this needs clean out. not so much it should be this needs to be cleaned out or this needs cleaning out.

Sounds right to me.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Summer is a wuss.
    I suspect all it is going to do is roll over and present its OTHER side to be kicked.
    Well yes, Summer spends too much of her time living in the moment. I mean, it's alright to be concerned with animals, flowers, beaches, patio weather etc but she doesn't have to be so weak. You'd imagine (or maybe hope) that after eons of torture by Autumn, she'd learn. But NOOOOOOO.

Now Spring on the other hand Spring is the only one who could ever kick Evil Winter's ass.