User Tag List

Page 1789 of 6773 FirstFirst ... 78912891689173917791787178817891790179117991839188922892789 ... LastLast
Results 17,881 to 17,890 of 67730

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

F*, I've been having the worst ADD of my life lately.

Maybe I should just go in and get diagnosed. It's just that I hate the idea of being drugged instead of just using self discipline. But this is fucking ridiculous.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Umm okay, my stomach says no more double tall mochas. Go back to the regular amount of caffeine! But brain says, need more caffeine! Conflicts.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

getting skype back and chatting with my friends in Japan is nice.
    I'm also glad that we appear to be on friendly terms again. I missed your company.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Once a nerd, always a nerd. WOOO NERDINESS!

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Dunno wth is wrong with me today. No energy, feel like I got flattened by a truck, can't stay awake, feel on the verge of being ill, and just want to cry all day over nothing that I can figure out. I don't think it's hormonal. But geeez.... Just let me turn out the lights and crawl under my bed, I don't feel like coming out for a week. The weather's supposed to be crappy anyway, so I suppose it wouldn't matter.

F*, I've been having the worst ADD of my life lately. Maybe I should just go in and get diagnosed. It's just that I hate the idea of being drugged instead of just using self discipline. But this is fucking ridiculous.
    I know what you mean. I hated taking pills for my depression some years back, I just got sick of taking stupid pills all the time, but if I didn't... things didn't go well. One of my kids takes Focalin for his ADD, sometimes it didn't seem as effective, but other times he said he would notice the change... it was like part of his brain turned on that had been sleeping, and he found it much easier to focus.

Psychological stuff seems so dumb, as if we should just be able to power through it without bio-aid, running on sheer force of will, but sometimes we can't... and sometimes we just get so drained there's nothing left to draw on.

I hope your day gets better.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Umm okay, my stomach says no more double tall mochas. Go back to the regular amount of caffeine! But brain says, need more caffeine! Conflicts.
    If your avatar is any indicator, caffeine will not work. What you need is a princely kiss!

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    F*, I've been having the worst ADD of my life lately.

Maybe I should just go in and get diagnosed. It's just that I hate the idea of being drugged instead of just using self discipline. But this is fucking ridiculous.
    I have been fighting with this same frustrating issue for over a decade. It is especially bad in school when the stresses of living on a very tight schedule start playing out their effects on my mind. If I got diagnosed the meds might help me do better academically but I would have to surrender and accept the fact that I need the help. Hence, decade long struggle and mediocre grades. Good luck getting it back under control. Mine has been really invasive lately as well.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ow. Boxed wine was the wrong choice.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dunno wth is wrong with me today. No energy, feel like I got flattened by a truck, can't stay awake, feel on the verge of being ill, and just want to cry all day over nothing that I can figure out. I don't think it's hormonal. But geeez.... Just let me turn out the lights and crawl under my bed, I don't feel like coming out for a week. The weather's supposed to be crappy anyway, so I suppose it wouldn't matter.
    Oh no, that's no good. On days like that when I have to make it through another day at the office, I take an Airborne in case I'm fighting something off. It works well for me. Then I load up on caffeine, and find somewhere to take a nap at lunch if I'm desperate. Then I go home early, chill out, and go to bed early. If you have an anal boss, negotiate your leaving time and when you'll make it up. Most reasonable bosses have no problem letting you leave early if you're a good worker and not the type to always try to shirk work, which obviously you wouldn't do.

Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know what you mean. I hated taking pills for my depression some years back, I just got sick of taking stupid pills all the time, but if I didn't... things didn't go well. One of my kids takes Focalin for his ADD, sometimes it didn't seem as effective, but other times he said he would notice the change... it was like part of his brain turned on that had been sleeping, and he found it much easier to focus.

Psychological stuff seems so dumb, as if we should just be able to power through it without bio-aid, running on sheer force of will, but sometimes we can't... and sometimes we just get so drained there's nothing left to draw on.

I hope your day gets better.
    Thanks! I was actually much worse as a kid, but luckily my teachers understood it was a focus problem (with some help from my mom and a few insightful primary teachers). My mom was very insightful in understanding that I needed a challenge, which helped a lot. She was always telling me to find a friend in class to have a friendly competition with.

I'm probably only borderline ADD. I did ask a counselor about it once (while going to her about something else), and some of the main diagnosis questions they ask is if you had trouble in school (no) and if you have trouble thinking deeply about things (no, just mundane things I hate that I haven't relegated to subconscious routine and habit, which I run into a lot).

So I'm not sure if extreme Ne counts as ADD, but it manifests itself similarly in certain situations, like now.

And I agree that medication is definitely a good idea for some people, especially for depression. Sometimes there's just a chemical imbalance there that puts them in a downward spiral, and it's important for them to get out of that mindset so that they can then start making some changes to their external lives as well as their internal lives, and maintain a healthy psychological balance. Hopefully some people can eventually get off of them, but I'm sure there are also people who legitimately need them permanently.

I think ADD is probably over-medicated to active and imaginative kids who don't have enough outlets for their energy and creativity, but I think there are definitely some legitimate cases, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    I have been fighting with this same frustrating issue for over a decade. It is especially bad in school when the stresses of living on a very tight schedule start playing out their effects on my mind. If I got diagnosed the meds might help me do better academically but I would have to surrender and accept the fact that I need the help. Hence, decade long struggle and mediocre grades. Good luck getting it back under control. Mine has been really invasive lately as well.
    Wow, I didn't realize Js struggled with this, I thought it was a P thing (ie Ne, Se). But I hear the army is extremely regimented, so I guess if you're not an extreme SJ, you might have the same struggles that a Pe dom would have in other situations. Yikes, I don't think I could survive in that environment.

Thanks, good luck with yours as well.