User Tag List

Page 1731 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 73112311631168117211729173017311732173317411781183122312731 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,310 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #17301
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,669

    Default


  2. #17302
    Symbolic Herald Array Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    All the technology around me is breaking.

    Why oh why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    My library now has Dwell magazine on the shelf. This issue is about Japanese and Japanese influenced design and archetecture in modern homes. I was seriously considering stealing it. I'll just hit B&N after work instead.
    You can also get the gist of it here.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 08-31-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: hipsters
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project


    Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

  3. #17303
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Gotta get to Dallas. Maybe next year.

  4. #17304
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    All the technology around me is breaking.

    Why oh why?



    You can also get the gist of it here.
    Hmmm.. nice pictures. Are you not a fan of minimalism?

  5. #17305
    Symbolic Herald Array Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hmmm.. nice pictures. Are you not a fan of minimalism?
    I am, and a fan of humor, too.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project


    Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

  6. #17306
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I am, and a fan of humor, too.
    Thought you might be. It's a minefield out there when it comes to hipsters and anti-hipsters.. I have to tread lightly. I got a good laugh out of that pic with the kid riding his trike out of the house captioned: "Exhausted by the upkeep required of the never-ending “inside/outside” trend, she secretly longed for a house with no doors or windows, one where toys and bugs stayed in the yard where they belonged"

  7. #17307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    All the technology around me is breaking.

    Why oh why?
    Technology is designed to break eventually so that we have to buy more of it. More advanced = more fragile.

    I was on a trip this weekend in which someone was lost in the wilderness for a few hours due to technology failure.

  8. #17308
    Symbolic Herald Array Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Thought you might be. It's a minefield out there when it comes to hipsters and anti-hipsters.. I have to tread lightly. I got a good laugh out of that pic with the kid riding his trike out of the house captioned: "Exhausted by the upkeep required of the never-ending “inside/outside” trend, she secretly longed for a house with no doors or windows, one where toys and bugs stayed in the yard where they belonged"
    I'm easygoing. And I have a lot of appreciation for modern art and design. I was amused by the one in which the "violence" on the kitchen chalkboard has so shaken the occupant they reach for Worcestershire instead of truffle oil!!
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project


    Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

  9. #17309
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Technology is designed to break eventually so that we have to buy more of it. More advanced = more fragile.

    I was on a trip this weekend in which someone was lost in the wilderness for a few hours due to technology failure.
    It wasn't always that way. I've got a very special fondness for things like 300baud modems built in the early 80's made to be bulletproof and maintenancable to be able to last fo well over 100 years.

  10. #17310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It wasn't always that way. I've got a very special fondness for things like 300baud modems built in the early 80's made to be bulletproof and maintenancable to be able to last fo well over 100 years.
    Good. They need to last that long just to be able to download one of today's web pages.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: Today, 06:29 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO