User Tag List

Page 1646 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 64611461546159616361644164516461647164816561696174621462646 ... LastLast
Results 16,451 to 16,460 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    FREE

Just got back from my doctor's office. He has two of the nicest looking receptionists... man oh man *bites lip*

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Just got back from my doctor's office. He has two of the nicest looking receptionists... man oh man *bites lip*
    Good that you, as your avatar shows, can look in two different directions at once, much like Kim Peek.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Why did you put this in the random thought thread? No, I've never practiced PUA as far as using scripted lines, peacocking, neg'ing and such, but I am aware of its tactics and I see them being implemented all the time, consciously or unconsciously. I don't disagree with you. It takes two to play the game whether they both realize it or not. I unserstand why men and women both hate PUA. I'm not a fan of it myself, but I'm more disgusted with the social rules that govern it than the clowns who started the community. You wouldn't blame Isaac Newton for tripping and falling on your ass. He didn' create gravity; he identified it for what it is. Same with PUA. There may be exceptions, but most of it is based on human interaction that has gone on long before someone gave it a name.
    I wasn't sure how big of a discussion it would become, and I know some people find it annoying to have discussions like that in a photos thread.

So does it actually work in practice? Like on intelligent hot women? My best friend in uni would be considered a 10 (people would stare everywhere we she went), and guys tried to pick her up everywhere we went, but that was back in the late 90s before this theory seemed to be popular. None of the pickup tricks worked on her, and I'm doubting a neg would have done anything, either.

However, I think there is a piece of the neg that works. The part about not idolizing her for her beauty - I think that is the piece of this theory to keep, but the rest of it is trash. Or at best, strange head games.

I know that for me, if a guy went on about my looks, it was a turn off because I wanted to be liked for my awesomeness. There are lots of pretty women in the world, lots of them better looking than me, but there's only one me in the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Good that you, as your avatar shows, can look in two different directions at once, much like Kim Peek.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I find it immature when guys try to pick me up with stupid lines, or by giving me no attention at all. I love to play mind games with guys, have intelligent verbal battles, and swat ideas back and forth. But getting me to actually like you means you have to be interesting. I do enjoy the interest and flattery, but only on a superficial level. I don't think that negs would work particularly well on intelligent women.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I wasn't sure how big of a discussion it would become, and I know some people find it annoying to have discussions like that in a photos thread.

So does it actually work in practice? Like on intelligent hot women? My best friend in uni would be considered a 10 (people would stare everywhere we she went), and guys tried to pick her up everywhere we went, but that was back in the late 90s before this theory seemed to be popular. None of the pickup tricks worked on her, and I'm doubting a neg would have done anything, either.

However, I think there is a piece of the neg that works. The part about not idolizing her for her beauty - I think that is the piece of this theory to keep, but the rest of it is trash. Or at best, strange head games.

I know that for me, if a guy went on about my looks, it was a turn off because I wanted to be liked for my awesomeness. There are lots of pretty women in the world, lots of them better looking than me, but there's only one me in the world.
    I'm not sure it has much to do with placing emphasis on looks. I think it has more to do with devaluing yourself in her eyes by giving her attention she doesn't want, isn't convinced that she wants, or hasn't done anything to deserve. When it comes to making first impressions or commenting on a stranger's picture in a forum, a man is probably more likely to win a woman's interest by showing playful disinterest than complementing her, especially if she's used to getting attention.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

the one that always says he is never playing the game, is always playing the game
    9w?

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ true story
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I'm not sure it has much to do with placing emphasis on looks. I think it has more to do with devaluing yourself in her eyes by giving her attention she doesn't want, isn't convinced that she wants, or hasn't done anything to deserve. When it comes to making first impressions or commenting on a stranger's picture in a forum, a man is probably more likely to win a woman's interest by showing playful disinterest than complementing her, especially if she's used to getting attention.
    Ahhh, OK, I see. That explains some of the comments I've seen in photo threads in the past, like commenting on the background in the photo, things like that. I remember on another forum when a girl posted her picture and a guy commented on her kitchen. I used to think those comments were either rude or a subtle way of flirting, but now I get it.

Huh, now I'm thinking I should have left this discussion in the photos thread.

All this now that I've finally learned how to accept compliments, ha.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Ahhh, OK, I see. That explains some of the comments I've seen in photo threads in the past, like commenting on the background in the photo, things like that. I remember on another forum when a girl posted her picture and a guy commented on her kitchen. I used to think those comments were either rude or a subtle way of flirting, but now I get it.

Huh, now I'm thinking I should have left this discussion in the photos thread.

All this now that I've finally learned how to accept compliments, ha.
    Exactly! The game is played everyday in this forum and people probably don't even realize it.