User Tag List

Page 1629 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 62911291529157916191627162816291630163116391679172921292629 ... LastLast
Results 16,281 to 16,290 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #16281
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,682

    Default

    fireflies don't exist here
    by @magpie

  2. #16282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    How would altruism be the cause of slavery? It would be the opposite as far as I can tell.
    I could come up with an argument, but I suppose there is no need for that since the point of dispute was whether 'altruism is worse than slavery or the holocaust'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You and I are never going to agree because I'm more Rousseau and you're Nietzche, and not only that some of the stuff you say almost implies to me you live in your head and never leave your apartment, in which case it's very easy to pretend that nothing has any meaning.
    You seem to confuse arguments with opinions.

  3. #16283
    Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I could come up with an argument, but I suppose there is no need for that since the point of dispute was whether 'altruism is worse than slavery or the holocaust'.


    You seem to confuse arguments with opinions.
    I wasn't arguing. I was just stating what I thought.

    I think the idea of property ownership, exploitation, and selfishness were entirely behind slavery. I can't see in any way where altruism would be a root cause.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3


    Fasting for Advent


    Give Vegan


    SEE-Fi /Gamma

  4. #16284
    Senior Member Array LeftKick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It's kinda freaky how Will Wheaton looks like Jonathan Frakes. Maybe he can play his character in ST: TNG: Academy.
    Did you see Will in the last episode of Eureka? Awesome! Hope he is a returning character!
    Smile! Now!

    Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

    We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

    End of line.

  5. #16285
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,682

    Default

    wait they're making new episdoes of eureka?
    by @magpie

  6. #16286
    Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I wasn't arguing. I was just stating what I thought felt.
    Fixed.

  7. #16287
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    Did you see Will in the last episode of Eureka? Awesome! Hope he is a returning character!
    Never even heard of Eureka. Did see him on Big Bang, though, that was pretty hilarious. Is Eureka worth checking out?

  8. #16288
    Senior Member Array LeftKick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    wait they're making new episdoes of eureka?
    yep! Eureka and Warehouse 13 are airing new episodes!
    Smile! Now!

    Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

    We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

    End of line.

  9. #16289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I wasn't arguing. I was just stating what I thought.
    I was just trying to tell you that what you think is likely based on a confusion of possible points of view (arguments) with personal beliefs (opinions).

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think the idea of property ownership, exploitation, and selfishness were entirely behind slavery. I can't see in any way where altruism would be a root cause.
    I will not claim that the idea that altruism caused slavery is obvious or even plausible; I simply said that it would be possible to cook up an argument which shows how it somehow still is the cause.

  10. #16290
    Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Fixed.
    No it's what I think and it's in regards to a number of his posts, not this particular argument.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3


    Fasting for Advent


    Give Vegan


    SEE-Fi /Gamma

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO