User Tag List

Page 1624 of 6778 FirstFirst ... 62411241524157416141622162316241625162616341674172421242624 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,240 of 67780

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm interested in the real world and real-life consequences. If you're not, that's your business, but I'm not going to sit here and have a pointless debate with you about things which are obviously physically and mentally damaging to human beings.
    Incest is not per se damaging to people: sometimes it even creates people. Pedophilia, too, is not damaging to anyone, although it will usually be a heavy burden to bear. Being pedophiliac does not equal raping children.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    There are two crows cawing outside. Reminded me of a hiking trip where we saw a raven the size of an adult turkey!
    Those are called "vultures."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Pedophilia, too, is not damaging to anyone, although it will usually be a heavy burden to bear. Being pedophiliac does not equal raping children.
    Pedophilia, separate from everything else, can and typically is exploitative to the younger party involved. Depending on the age, most children typically aren't mentally developed enough to handle or know what would entail a sexual relationship, or the act of sex in and of itself. Basically, they lack the forethought and consistency in thought to make a conscious decision on whether or not they're ready for that type of relationship, the extent of what they're doing and what it entails, or whether what they feel or how they view their actions of today will be consistent with how they feel about it in their adult life. It's one party who is fully aware playing on the ignorance of another to achieve their hedonistic pleasures, typically using deceptive tactics to nullify the severity of the actions and put the mind of the younger participant.

It's exactly why children who've been molested claim they felt something was 'wrong', yet weren't quite able to comprehend why they felt that way or what the wrong was. Now, as you mentioned earlier, pedophilia doesn't equate to the act of rape or molestation, but with my example I was simply trying to point out that sense of confusion that's felt within a small child when that sexual boundary is crossed by the hands of someone older, not necessarily that it had to be done in a forceful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Pedophilia, separate from everything else, can and typically is exploitative to the younger party involved. Depending on the age, most children typically aren't mentally developed enough to handle or know what would entail a sexual relationship, or the act of sex in and of itself. Basically, they lack the forethought and consistency in thought to make a conscious decision on whether or not they're ready for that type of relationship, the extent of what they're doing and what it entails, or whether what they feel or how they view their actions of today will be consistent with how they feel about it in their adult life. It's one party who is fully aware playing on the ignorance of another to achieve their hedonistic pleasures, typically using deceptive tactics to nullify the severity of the actions and put the mind of the younger participant.

It's exactly why children who've been molested claim they felt something was 'wrong', yet weren't quite able to comprehend why they felt that way or what the wrong was. Now, as you mentioned earlier, pedophilia doesn't equate to the act of rape or molestation, but with my example I was simply trying to point out that sense of confusion that's felt within a small child when that sexual boundary is crossed by the hands of someone older, not necessarily that it had to be done in a forceful manner.
    I should have put it differently: Being pedophiliac does not equal having sex with children. My aim with Marm was to make clear the rather important distinction between the sexual desire and the act in which it may result. You cannot blame the pedophile for his urge.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What is wrong with being a 30 year old pedo? You're really asking me that?
    Nothing. They just have natural feelings and shouldn't be ostracized for them, because that's just mean.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You cannot blame the pedophile for his urge.
    Right. That the person's mind conjures those thoughts are essentially beyond their control, but do you not agree that the existence of those thoughts are generally held by someone not in the best state of mental health? Or is what you're saying is that modern society has conditioned us to believe it to be morally wrong?

Right. That the person's mind conjures those thoughts are essentially beyond their control, but do you not agree that the existence of those thoughts are generally held by someone not in the best state of mental health?
    I do agree.

Or are what you're saying is society has conditioned us to believe it to be morally wrong?
    This is a potentially big question, so I will simply state what I think and you can extrapolate whatever you need from there.

I believe that our moral is a historically built, culturally passed-on concept of what is thought useful and harmful to members of one's social group (be it a tribe, a township, a people or a race). Some of the reasons why something is considered use- or harmful are rooted in fundamental aspects of the human condition. Other and probably most reasons, though, come from culture and are either variations on the 'natural' reasons or entirely arbitrary if taken out of their historical context. However, nothing is wrong in itself; it can only be wrong in relation to a set of rules.

So, yes, we have been conditioned to believe it to be morally wrong, but it does feel 'wrong' (if we still want to use that word) for a reason.

Bad vibe.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

ThatGirl

......You find some weird pictures googling "Pig Girl" on the internet.