User Tag List

Page 1612 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 61211121512156216021610161116121613161416221662171221122612 ... LastLast
Results 16,111 to 16,120 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

God, I need to stop doing that.

Senior Member Array Nomenclature's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

It's official: I'm the most unintentionally rude person alive.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    It's official: I'm the most unintentionally rude person alive.
    Whadja do?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Whadja do?
    Facebook conversation:
    [xxxx]: "What did everyone get on their AP test?"
    Me: "I got a 3. [yyyy] got a 5. Class average was 3.5; the distribution was either 2-3-4-5 or 3-3-3-5."
    [xxxx]: "Well, I got a 4."
    Me: "...poor [zzzz]. >:"
    [zzzz]: "why do u say 'poor me' ? whats wrong with getting a two?"
    [xxxx]: "There's nothing wrong with a two. Good job [zzzz]. Don't worry we all Did great on the test. don't worry about what [my name] said."
    Me: Look, don't read me wrong, it's not about "good" or "bad" in terms of performance on the test; if you're happy to get what you did, then great. I'm sure colleges will look upon your grade for the class positively.
    But purely pragmatically, nowhere I want to go will take a 3. It's about cost-benefit, really.
    [zzzz]: It was just a question, no need to be defensive. Well, [my name], you really can't complain about getting a three because, 'purely pragmatically', you hardly did any work all year.
    Me: Hah, no need to mock me; I did way more work, albeit not for the class, than anyone else, in spite of having been depressed. Also, what you call "being defensive" was me trying to be polite, but I guess there goes that.

I really want to add the following points:
    1.) I did the work more deeply and was more concerned about quality than quantity, hence why I got higher score on the exam than she did. I don't attach emotion to that score, so I would hardly call that complaining.
    2.) I maintained a B in that class on top of everything else I did in school before I got depressed about other shit and gave up on life. People underestimate how much pain and frustration someone has to be in before they kick the bucket in that department.

I'll copy and paste that if she still hasn't cooled down, when she replies, but whatever.
    Side note: Hah, it figures that the ESTP teacher and I would get along best, while she's more phobic and has an aversion to us.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think you have a perfectly valid point about the low grade sucking, if for no other reason than because you don't get college credit for it. I don't see anything HORRIBLE about what you said...

But I always hesitate to accuse people of not working hard. You're not with them every moment of the day - You don't know how hard they study. And grades aren't always indicative of the amount of effort put forth. I know people who are bad test takers that work harder than I ever will for lower grades. Maybe she worked her ass off, and you just assume she didn't because of the grades.

Furthermore, you may not know whats going on her life. Not everyone would be so forthcoming about depression. Maybe something is going on in her life, too. Maybe she's depressed. Maybe the night before the exam she found out about the death of a relative. That kind of thing.

Maybe you know her well enough. I don't know your situation. But I always hesitate to tell people I have things worse than them, or I worked harder than them. I might not know.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

@Patches Yeah, she got the highest grade in the class and has a hard time with her writing skills, so it's a lot harder for her to demonstrate her knowledge and she definitely worked hard. Also had the death of a relative one or two months earlier, but that's not quite the same thing... I think. So I totally get her when she got defensive, but she didn't have to put me down in the process. I really was just trying to console (maybe not console... more like sympathize with with) her, albeit a failed attempt.

I guess it's a misunderstanding on all sides... After a year of projection and judgment from other people (the school therapist, the vice principal, the National Honor Society advisors, you name it), it became a... sort of paradigm shift? in my gut that I would never let anyone call me lazy, obnoxious, or undeserving without giving them a piece of my mind.

Hell, there was a point at the beginning when even the teacher, who wasn't quite naturally intellectually endowed but worked hard to develop his critical thinking skills, just kind of assumed that intelligent people had it easy in life, contrary to my experiences as an absent-minded professor/tortured artist. I still have such a strong reaction against him sometimes when he says certain things, but he's gotten to know me better and he would do anything to make me smile when I'm upset or pissed, soooo...

Thanks. I kind of take it upon myself for not gauging the person's reaction/motivation/whatever correctly when a social interaction goes wrong, so I really do try to understand, but it's hard when you don't by default see the PEOPLE... if that makes any sense.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Best gay marriage rally signs ever:

~

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    He's cute.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Goodness, I get so embarrassed easily.
    I wish I had a thicker skin ._. I wish I was like, Kanye West or something.
    He just says anything and everything and then he gives a douchebag apology but everyone knows that he didn't feel any remorse at all.
    I dont think thats necessarily true. Yeezy basically went into hiding after the infamous Taylor Swift episode, and there were a couple of tracks off of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy where he brings up his issues with self-loathing,ect. I just think the guy can't help himself.

If you wanna talk about individuals that dont give a fuck. Allow me to introduce you to the honey badger:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg"]Muthafucka dont give a fuck[/YOUTUBE]