User Tag List

Page 156 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 561061461541551561571581662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Resident Apple Hoarder Array Kriash's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Sometimes I wonder if we might just be the least intelligent of all species...We seem to collectively not have a greater purpose except to die...I often wonder if I would have achieved more satisfaction out of life if I was a lemur or an ant...

E. N.. T... :P Array RiderOnTheStorm's Avatar
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

omg, no way
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if we might just be the least intelligent of all species...We seem to collectively not to have a greater purpose except to die...I often wonder if I would have achieved more satisfaction out of life if I was a lemur or an ant...
    We don't have a greater purpose. Why do people assume that? Just be happy. At least as a human you don't tend to have as much predators and can control your environment more effectively etc

is an ambi-turner Array BRMC117's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Sometimes I wonder if we might just be the least intelligent of all species...We seem to collectively not to have a greater purpose except to die...I often wonder if I would have achieved more satisfaction out of life if I was a lemur or an ant...
    the ants only purpose in life would be to die if it wasn't for the colony. You can chose to be a part anything not just one thing. Life really is what you make of it. So buck up little camper, we still got a long way to go from here!
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    We don't have a greater purpose. Why do people assume that? Just be happy. At least as a human you don't tend to have as much predators and can control your environment more effectively etc
    Why do you assume that we don't have a greater purpose? It's the exact same question with a different answer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    the ants only purpose in life would be to die if it wasn't for the colony. You can chose to be a part anything not just one thing. Life really is what you make of it. So buck up little camper, we still got a long way to go from here!
    never really thought about it like that

MBTI
    ISFJ

Why do you assume that we don't have a greater purpose? It's the exact same question with a different answer.
    Because there is no reason to think about answers to completely arbitrary questions. As an NP you can think of a million questions I'm sure...doesn't mean they all have answers or even matter as questions.

Besides, purpose would imply someone or something putting us here "on purpose"...which I have no reason to believe is the case.

What is the ants' or lemurs' purpose exactly?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Because there is no reason to think about answers to completely arbitrary questions. As an NP you can think of a million questions I'm sure...doesn't mean they all have answers or even matter as questions.

Besides, purpose would imply someone or something putting us here "on purpose"...which I have no reason to believe is the case.

I just picked those two out of the air, but my point was, nature and life are generally balanced, until that is- Humans are thrown into the mix. Every other animal seems to have a set purpose, it does its job, doesn't question why, doesn't decide that it doesn't like its life, it just lives, and the circle continues in an ever fluctuating balance. But humans seem to not have that balance, along with complexity comes a myriad of problems, which disrupt both our own species, and others as well.

How exactly do you know that all questions do not have an answer?
    Questions, as I am sure you are aware, usually only have meaning for those asking them, therefore, questions that you may believe do not matter may have great significance in my life(not that this one does, but it could have)
    Last edited by Kriash; 04-06-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: wrong use of it's

MBTI
    INFJ

To feed other creatures
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Not enough meat on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.