User Tag List

Page 1452 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 4529521352140214421450145114521453145414621502155219522452 ... LastLast
Results 14,511 to 14,520 of 67735

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #14511
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    That's nice, but I know you're smart enough to understand the intended metaphor whether you agree or not.
    Yeah, I dont think the people who are anti-abortion want to turn women into cattel, I know what you meant and understand your concern, perhaps even appreciate it, I'm both pro-choice and anti-abortion believe me when I say that I dont see a contradiction. Where abortion to be outlawed I'm campaign for universal male implants or vasectomy to accompany it.

  2. #14512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    Won't be too long before anti-choicers succeed in turning women into cattle.
    It's no wonder the debate over this topic is so acrimonious when disingenuous, inflammatory statements like this are employed.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  3. #14513
    From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default


    I think a part of my brain reached its ionization energy.... one of my electrons just got kicked off...

    When atoms ionize.... it results in something beautiful... light is given off:


    Ni nebula.... epic sweetness.


    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  4. #14514
    Senior Member Array Mae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I dont think the people who are anti-abortion want to turn women into cattel, I know what you meant and understand your concern, perhaps even appreciate it, I'm both pro-choice and anti-abortion believe me when I say that I dont see a contradiction. Where abortion to be outlawed I'm campaign for universal male implants or vasectomy to accompany it.
    No. I meant cattle, unless you meant "chattel" in which case that could work, too. That's also why I used the words anti-choice instead of the real contradiction I believe is "pro-life".

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It's no wonder the debate over this topic is so acrimonious when disingenuous, inflammatory statements like this are employed.
    Cute big words you got there, but they don't really fit, sorry. And what I said has nothing on statements like baby-killing murderous slut.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

  5. #14515
    scourge Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    19,534

    Default

    my head still feels like I have my sunglasses on like a headband
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

  6. #14516
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,687

    Default

    the people who are turning this thread into a debate about abortion I will kill personally
    by @magpie

  7. #14517
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post

    I think a part of my brain reached its ionization energy.... one of my electrons just got kicked off...

    When atoms ionize.... it results in something beautiful... light is given off:


    Ni nebula.... epic sweetness.
    *eyes glisten as wide as saucers*

  8. #14518
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It's no wonder the debate over this topic is so acrimonious when disingenuous, inflammatory statements like this are employed.
    It's intended to drive a point home, but yes it dehumanizes the target audience not unlike dehumanizing a woman into cattle. Want to convince someone? Establish common ground first; don't trip them. We're all ruled by what we value, men and women, pro-life, pro-choice.

    ps I love you.

  9. #14519
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    the people who are turning this thread into a debate about abortion I will kill personally
    What if they're babies?

  10. #14520
    Finis Array Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    I feel kind of buzzed, but I didn't drink anything. ???
    Me too dude, all day long, I dont know why.
    Will you two please find out and be kind enough to send some my way? In desperate need here.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO