User Tag List

Page 1375 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 3758751275132513651373137413751376137713851425147518752375 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,750 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Just got my first apartment, well one where I'm living by myself and I'm excited here's the floor plan if anyone cares. It's a studio http://www.1212southmichigan.com/studio-03.html
    I like it. Looks roomy. And singles are nice.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wow, I just had a bizarre realization.

I don't hate Paris Hilton as much as I thought I did.

Her constant identification with popular/mainstream culture is actually a rebellion against upper class bullshit.

She's a rebel.

She's annoying, but that's actually kind of cool. Why did that occur to me JUST NOW?
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Post-Humorously Array stalemate's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have inexplicably liked her for quite some time now. I think I will use your reasoning from now on though. :p

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I have inexplicably liked her for quite some time now. I think I will use your reasoning from now on though. :p
    Well at first I think I hated her because of her blatant anti-intellectualism, like I felt she was wasting her money, and I didn't like her whole playing dumb thing like "is Wal-Mart where they sell walls"? I felt insulted by it. I wanted to rob her at gunpoint for several years, I'm pretty sure.

But now I'm older, I guess, and I have this perspective...almost like I can identify with her. She grew up in this stuffy upper class environment, said "Fuck this shit" and went and did her own thing.

She identifies with working class and middle class things because she wants to be "normal." She actually doesn't seperate herself from "the little people" except through her general obliviousness from being so wealthy from the day she was born.

Some of her perfumes smells really nice. That's one thing I always admitted about her.

She's got chutzpah. I admire chutzpah and a certain rebellious nature.

She bridged the gap between heiress and the rest of us, even if that wasn't her conscious intention.

Maybe it was. Who knows.

Some people claim she's really smart and the whole thing has been one big show.

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well at first I think I hated her because of her blatant anti-intellectualism, like I felt she was wasting her money, and I didn't like her whole playing dumb thing like "is Wal-Mart where they sell walls"? I felt insulted by it. I wanted to rob her at gunpoint for several years, I'm pretty sure.

But now I'm older, I guess, and I have this perspective...almost like I can identify with her. She grew up in this stuffy upper class environment, said "Fuck this shit" and went and did her own thing.

She identifies with working class and middle class things because she wants to be "normal." She actually doesn't seperate herself from "the little people" except through her general obliviousness from being so wealthy from the day she was born.

Some of her perfumes smells really nice. That's one thing I always admitted about her.

She's got chutzpah. I admire chutzpah and a certain rebellious nature.

She bridged the gap between heiress and the rest of us, even if that wasn't her conscious intention.

Maybe it was. Who knows.

Some people claim she's really smart and the whole thing has been one big show.
    I seriously doubt she bridged any meaningful gap.

I will continue to despise her. I will despise the institutions that made her a lot more.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

figsfiggyfigs

PRPLZ The apartment choice looks fantastic!

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What about her life is working class/middle class at all? She's a jet-setting socialite.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    What about her life is working class/middle class at all? She's a jet-setting socialite.
    Nothing about her life financially is middle class. However, she actually popularized very working class street looks, including dressing like a stripper. She doesn't act "proper" or seperate herself from people like that kind usually does. She wanted to fit in with people. She flew in the face of everything her class represents. She behaves like someone who grew up in a trailer park.

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I seriously doubt she bridged any meaningful gap.

I will continue to despise her. I will despise the institutions that made her a lot more.
    Yes she has, because she is touchable and able to be torn down.

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

She has a G.E.D. for fuck's sake.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm sure her family is deeply ashamed this is publicly known after all those years at the best private schools.

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma