User Tag List

Page 1311 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 3118111211126113011309131013111312131313211361141118112311 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,110 of 67826

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

well according to jaguar's theory I'm a quiet and observant yet happy person who likes to chair dance.oh and occasionally sing/rap the wrong words to songs. though I do that last part sober.
    by @magpie

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    When one drinks, the wall of conscious control comes down.
    Ever see a mean drunk? That's who they really are.
    I disagree with that statement. Maybe if they knowingly choose to put themselves in a state where they know they will be violent/mean... Thats part of who they are. But my ENTJ has a bad temper. He is very aware of it and very in control of it. He got drunk ONCE in his youth and that temper came out, and he was a VERY mean drunk. He has never touched alcohol since, and doesn't intend to. It's been nearly 10 years since he's been drunk.

Given that he has made the choice never to touch alcohol, that mean person isn't who he is.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

When one drinks, the wall of conscious control comes down.
    Ever see a mean drunk? That's who they really are.
    Studies I've read indicate that a more accurate description of how people behave when they are drunk is that they act as they expect to act. When people are intoxicated without knowing it, they behave quite differently from being intoxicated knowingly.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I disagree with that statement. Maybe if they knowingly choose to put themselves in a state where they know they will be violent/mean... Thats part of who they are. But my ENTJ has a bad temper. He is very aware of it and very in control of it. He got drunk ONCE in his youth and that temper came out, and he was a VERY mean drunk. He has never touched alcohol since, and doesn't intend to. It's been nearly 10 years since he's been drunk.

Given that he has made the choice never to touch alcohol, that mean person isn't who he is.
    You're missing the point - both sides of the person are true. If you don't want to believe that, it's a natural-and expected-response.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Holy shit I was watching Megamind, and I realized that near the end Metro Man says "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

HOLY CRAP MARK TWAIN REFERENCE OF AWESOME.

MIND BLOWN
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You're missing the point - both sides of the person are true. If you don't want to believe that, it's a natural-and expected-response.
    Look. Let me get all Harry Potter on your ass about this one. You remember the part of the Chamber of Secrets book (or movie) when Harry puts on the sorting hat, and the sorting hat tells him that he would do well in Slytherin? And Harry is like "Oh shit no give me Gryffindor!" so the hat puts him in Gryffindor. Then Harry spends the ENTIRE duration of the book wondering if he's a bad person because the sorting hat said he would do well in Slytherin? Then at the end of the book BAM! [enter Dumbledore] who lays it down on Harry that, "It is not our abilities that show what we truly are, it is our choices."

Given that he has made the choice not to be that person.... DUMBLEDORE'S WISDOM PREVAILS!

~

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Jag just got schooled via Harry Potter.

Let us mark this day and remember it forever.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I'm just a quiet, socially awkward drunk.

Not much different than the norm, except my ability to interact effectively goes to shit.