User Tag List

Page 1204 of 6683 FirstFirst ... 2047041104115411941202120312041205120612141254130417042204 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,040 of 66826

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Is it just me, or has there been an explosion of threads lately involving sexually frustrated, relationship inexperienced men?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Well, I don't want to miss out on this trend. Better make a frustration thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Not exactly, although one pair is joined at the head. They anticipate each others needs, scratch each others itches. One pair can successfully operate a vehicle with one manning braking and the other controlling steering.

So, it wasn't like the scenario you originally described exactly, but sort of similar.
    Like Siamese twins?
    Even when we have lost hope in resolving the problems we have, we are still fundamentally part and parcel of the world. By virtue of this understanding, we can do anything realisable within the universe. [So don't give up ]

If you don't like the way this universe is - go somewhere else!" - Richard Feynman

What do you think about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I just read something and I have to speak on it.

I think it is a necessary quality of a critical thinker to fully and fairly consider the material that is presented to them by other people, no matter the intent the other person may be coming from. With that, I try very hard to read the entirety of an article before I pass judgment on it and recommend that others do as well.

But every now and then, I just can't do it. My attempt to read is suddenly clamped down and over-powered by an urge to violently assault the person that wrote what I just read. Here's the part that just had this affect upon me, you don't even need all the stuff before it.

That's right. Trains are popular with left-wingers, and all the reasons they give you for that are lies to deny the reality which is that they like trains because trains destroy individuality. I could read no more of the article. I decided the world would be better, even if very trivially better, if George Will died tomorrow.
    If it is any consolation the powerful emotional affect which you experienced reading this article was probably the same which motivated him to write it in the first place, it is a shame that this happens but I do believe that mankind is less rational than it believes itself to be most of the time, it is less rational and more rationalising.

Its the games people play imported into the political arena and this looks like "cowboys and indians" or "cops and robbers" or at its most basic "good guys vs. bad guys", its the villainous "other" and the good "us" rather than a serious appraisal of the specific question in the style of Popper, while Popper's criticism of the "big idea" was specifically directed at communism, utopianism, ideologies like that, it could as easily be directed at the conservative anti-progressivism.

Which makes me think about the other thread about the political compass, you know there was a response "in a true free market there can be no monopolies" or something to that effect, I clicked that I strongly agreed with that, as I do, although I also believe that a "true free market" is a utopian idea, as utopian as William Morris' news from nowhere or anything like it.

Permabanned Array

I'm back to square one: I don't like anything about this.

Feel free to leave.

So anti-authoritarian, I question the legitimacy of my own questioning.

Self sustaining supernova Array Zoom's Avatar

Response to a ridiculous request made of me:

Yes, mother, I am "really happy" about this. Upon further appraisal of your proposition, I have come to a decision: if Zach supplies me with enough Bailey's Irish Cream and strippers (the good kind, not the coke-addled ugly ones) to have a grand ol' time for an entire weekend, I shall grant this request. Until then, please give my condolences to the brother of my blood that he still seems to be unable to get his shit together.

Love you!

5w4 sx/sp

I had a dream last night that my skin wasn't waterproof. I've been thinking about it all day.
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

When all else fails, claim it's rigged.