User Tag List

Page 1196 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 1966961096114611861194119511961197119812061246129616962196 ... LastLast
Results 11,951 to 11,960 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP

40 and barely drizzling, perfect time for a run

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Fascinating how one narcissistic misogynist can be the trigger to polarise an entire community. I've seen this happen on another site I was once fond of and now, a couple of years later, that site's regular participants are primarily misogynists since most of the balanced individuals have walked away in disgust. Hope this site doesn't get trashed too since like finds like through Google.

Stop feeding the beast.

ThatGirl

I'd give the people here more credit than that...I just keep thinking they will get bored of it soon enough.....

I'd rather not place too much importance on it, making it a greater issue than it is.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Both of you are right. The beast will not be fed anymore!

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Is this related to the thread I saw with a certain user's name in it?

It's supposed to be 61 and rainy tomorrow. I have an event of sorts to go to tomorrow night- looks like I'll get to tap into my narcissistic side a bit. Could be awkward, as I'm rarely very self-confident except when I'm not being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    When it comes to relationship advice, the most important thing I would tell anyone who is unsure about it is to say that they are comfortable being in a platonic one [i.e. just friends]. That way, both sides won't regret it...after all, relationships take a long time to develop. Since it is emotionally costly, people should never rush it.
    it's actually they, that are uncomfortable with the idea. i don't mean "just friends". platonic is something more than that. it's the deepest of relations. but people still go on, wanting to be just "boyfriends" and just "girlfriends". i want to be something more than a "girlfriend" to a boy, or a "best friend" to a girl. i want to become a soul mate.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Being a soul mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lien View Post
    i want to become a soul mate.
    How wonderful you are - most of us are want a soul mate, but you want to be a soul mate.

So many of us want a soul mate, but almost none of us want to be a soul mate. There is a large demand for soul mates, but a small supply.

So Lien should be our guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I'd give the people here more credit than that...I just keep thinking they will get bored of it soon enough.....

I'd rather not place too much importance on it, making it a greater issue than it is.
    I gotta agree with that, its too easy to exaggerate the importance of threads or personality clashes, particulary when people start throwing around labels like mysogynist, that can really stoke people and get people who otherwise wouldnt care too much but may have an unassuming or simple sympathy with some of whatever has been posted riled too because they think the label's being applied to them too.

I know because I allowed myself to get caught up in that kind of thing, mainly when people were posting about gays, I decided it was becoming almost like being trolled and not to play into it because people are going to see what they want to see, read into posts what they want to find there and it quickly becomes a waste of time.

Smile Dealing with princesses

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

So many of us want a soul mate, but almost none of us want to be a soul mate. There is a large demand for soul mates, but a small supply.
    and if they only look, naturally it will never be theirs.

i want to become a soul mate to people, but they won't let me. they won't let the lonely wolf in. are they scared that i might eat them alive? yet they expect a soul mate to come to them, like a princess hidden in a castle wishing for a prince charming.

a life like that is unacceptable. so. i think of myself as a reckless princess, like Cimorene, who ran away to live with the dragons. i am a renegade princess, in search of my rose.

so, at the castle walls, i shout out to the other princesses to come out, come out to play! if only they would let down their hair.

Victor is a prince charming and our guiding light.