User Tag List

Page 1194 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 1946941094114411841192119311941195119612041244129416942194 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    NiTe

Just mistyped a word, which turns out to be a word ... piscare [latin: to fish]
    =====
    Even when we have lost hope in resolving the problems we have, we are still fundamentally part and parcel of the world. By virtue of this understanding, we can do anything realisable within the universe. [So don't give up ]

If you don't like the way this universe is - go somewhere else!" - Richard Feynman

What do you think about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Rather than being over-rated, gender is simply over.

The internet abolishes time and space and so abolishes our bodies and so our gender. However our minds haven't quite caught up with this yet so we drag our gender around behind us like an old teddy bear or a comfort blanket.

Linus, in the comic strip Peanuts has much to teach us about comfort blankets for he won't be seen without his.

How long will it be before we realise we are pure spirits in the global village and take advantage of all it means.

How long will it be before we twig that we are free to have platonic relationships?

Or will we have to wait until the internet creates a new person to inhabit this new environment?

And this is what therapy is for - to leave behind the old divisions by gender, and realise we are all one in the republic of the internet
    i had heard of the word "platonic" somewhere before. and i thought right away, that was the type of friendship i'd ideally like to have with someone.

i was always a fragile in people's eyes, so on the net i would pretend to be a guy, or someone older. then i could talk to a older guy on their own terms. but that wasn't enough. so i decided to not reveal. i was anonymous.

on the net, i could be whoever i wanted to be. i didn't have to be a fragile, little girl.

but people keep asking, are you a girl, or are you a guy? how old are you? and i think to myself, if you didn't keep asking me my age or gender, i wouldn't have to remember it.

MBTI
    NiTe

Quote Originally Posted by Lien View Post
    i had heard of the word "platonic" somewhere before. and i thought right away, that was the type of friendship i'd ideally like to have with someone.

i was always a fragile in people's eyes, so on the net i would pretend to be a guy, or someone older. then i could talk to a older guy on their own terms. but that wasn't enough. so i decided to not reveal. i was anonymous.

on the net, i could be whoever i wanted to be. i didn't have to be a fragile, little girl.

but people keep asking, are you a girl, or are you a guy? how old are you? and i think to myself, if you didn't keep asking me my age or gender, i wouldn't have to remember it.
    In fact, I told a male friend that I wanted a purely platonic relationship, not anything intimate. He was supporting of my decision.
    =====
    Even when we have lost hope in resolving the problems we have, we are still fundamentally part and parcel of the world. By virtue of this understanding, we can do anything realisable within the universe. [So don't give up ]

If you don't like the way this universe is - go somewhere else!" - Richard Feynman

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

That totally sounds like an INFP kind of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    That totally sounds like an INFP kind of cake.
    It shall be glorious. I think I'll make it and I'll post a pic of it here for all of you to envy.

<teehee>
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    In fact, I told a male friend that I wanted a purely platonic relationship, not anything intimate. He was supporting of my decision.
    i tell that all the time to people, but they can't help it. i'm spoken to as if i would break. and all the guys will swear by it, but well, they can't help it either and continue to see me as a girl.

but on the net, it's gender-neutral. until i reveal it, like i have on TypoC, how can anyone know?

in real life, if i said my name was Paul, no one wouldn't believe me. but if i made a screen name called "Paul" here, i really could be Paul.

when i get bored, i take a bath. so sometimes i will take 3, 4, or more baths a day.

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Talent is overrated. Practice makes perfect.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

So there I am trying to take a walk and start exercising and then I drop by the shops and buy jelly beans and chips hahaha!

MBTI
    NiTe

Quote Originally Posted by Lien View Post
    i tell that all the time to people, but they can't help it. i'm spoken to as if i would break. and all the guys will swear by it, but well, they can't help it either and continue to see me as a girl.

but on the net, it's gender-neutral. until i reveal it, like i have on TypoC, how can anyone know?

in real life, if i said my name was Paul, no one wouldn't believe me. but if i made a screen name called "Paul" here, i really could be Paul.
    When it comes to relationship advice, the most important thing I would tell anyone who is unsure about it is to say that they are comfortable being in a platonic one [i.e. just friends]. That way, both sides won't regret it...after all, relationships take a long time to develop. Since it is emotionally costly, people should never rush it.
    =====