User Tag List

Page 1095 of 6773 FirstFirst ... 95595995104510851093109410951096109711051145119515952095 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,950 of 67722

Thread: Random Thought Thread

One of my roommates from college, I used to consider her one of my best friends, and when we get together, we have a lot of fun even still. But in between seeing one another (about once a year or so), it seems like she never has time for me unless she needs something from me or is having some sort of personal crisis.

It has taken me awhile to realize or accept this. I don’t even know if it changes anything, but at least I can see now that it’s her and not me.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Yeah, like you can catch this...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Tanning is so horrible for the health, but still...it does feel wonderful being under those warm bright lights.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's a form of anti-depressant light therapy.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    One of my roommates from college, I used to consider her one of my best friends, and when we get together, we have a lot of fun even still. But in between seeing one another (about once a year or so), it seems like she never has time for me unless she needs something from me or is having some sort of personal crisis.

It has taken me awhile to realize or accept this. I don’t even know if it changes anything, but at least I can see now that it’s her and not me.
    It's really sad when that happens. One of my so-called best friends did that and I remember thinking that maybe it was me..Maybe I had really said something insensitive..but nooooo. It turned out that she had merely been able to leech off to the max and needed to find a new host. Last I heard, there's a new casualty.

Ah so now I've forgotten what my random thought was.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I found some good sites for figuring out function ordering. Time to read, analyze myself relentlessly, and make my brain hurt. I could be doing schoolwork, but this is so much more intense.

I told someone earlier today that I am 'above average at alliteration'.

If the harm and hurt which people can and do to others where clearly understood by them I'm pretty sure they wouldnt change their behaviour, no not a bit of it, I think this is where I differ from Socrates et al.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

"Ignorance is the root of all evil." Not completely true, I agree, but more true than most would acknowledge. Also, it depends on how 'ignorance' was meant.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's a form of anti-depressant light therapy.
    That way you can get depressed about your skin cancer later in life!
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    "Ignorance is the root of all evil." Not completely true, I agree, but more true than most would acknowledge. Also, it depends on how 'ignorance' was meant.
    Well, I know that I've got a good book on Tibetan Yoga which was recommended by Eric Fromm in his book on psychoanalysis and religion and it makes a convincing argument about unconscious ignorance, ie its not simply ignorance as lack of learning or knowledge, you may possess those things and still persist in or feel confirmed in error so far as your conduct goes, especially towards others.

I'm less convinced, the most nasty and trollish individuals which I know online or in person are also the most solidly resistant to insight, they make others lives that less pleasant with their behaviour but they seem relatively, if not positively and some of them it really is a case of positively, happy about it. Its not a case of I was bullying people and attempting to ostrachise them but, you, one day I realised it was because I was secretly miserable. That's balls. Most of they time they're bad and loving it, can find half a dozen reasons to stay that way and, unfortunately, our society is such that someone acting that way could even attract a following, screw the collatoral damage involved.