User Tag List

Page 1076 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 76576976102610661074107510761077107810861126117615762076 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,760 of 67711

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

You know I used to come to this site to escape the bullshit my everyday life was piling on to me, but now, my life leagues above anything this site can offer. If this keeps up, I may pry myself away from the forums for a while.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Lemonade > Alcoholic beverages. Unless you guys haven't tried Schweppes yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    You know I used to come to this site to escape the bullshit my everyday life was piling on to me, but now, my life leagues above anything this site can offer. If this keeps up, I may pry myself away from the forums for a while.
    Good to hear, I wish I could say the same, besides forums I read and that's about it.

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

To be honest, it never occurs to me to compare myself to other people, I'm too easy-going. A lot of people seem to have this need, and I really don't understand it. I take people as they come, there's no point disliking them for it, because I assume they are all like me and were just born they way they are, are not really aware of it, and simply want to do their own thing and don't really care about what other people do. I'm probably wrong, but I'm happier seeing them that way. Anyway, I never ever feel distaste for people - I think that sounds quite gratuitously nasty to be honest - because I don't have a set of standards to judge people by, therefore I can't be "better" or "worse" than anyone. The only people I have a problem with are people who don't like me. I'm a reciprocator - and that's pretty much where my feelings about other people end.
    I used to think that I could "beat" anyone verbally in an argument (or even an ordinary discussion) because of my perceived "superiority" in verbal cognition/expression. What I've found as I've got older, is that it's actually not quite that simple. You may think you are beating someone into submission in an argument, or whatever, but in many cases what's really happening is this:

(i) the person is thinking "what a total prick. he doesn't care about the argument, only about his own ego"; or
    (ii) the person is aware that you have made a cogent intellectual argument, but you have still failed to convince them, because the point you're arguing is flawed, or they are doubtful about your credentials or motivations to be making the argument;
    (iii) you're dealing with an F type, and perhaps you have won the battle, but lost the war.
    Two interesting reads from INTPc.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Meow! :steam:
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

I'm trying out steamed barley in the place of rice.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I miss my clawfoot bathtub.

rAWRRRrRR
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If actions are stronger than words....

...Why is the pen mightier than the sword?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

ThatGirl

*snaps fingers*