User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Who Swears?

MBTI
    eNFP

Honestly, I'm not sure whether or not someone swears has much to do with personality type. I'm not ruling it out entirely, but I don't think it's a big contributing factor at all. I think there are lots of other factors at play there.

And no, I don't swear. 99.9% of the time, anyway. If I swear, and it is extremely rare, it means that I have for a second reached the very end of my patience, and I am pretty patient for the most part. Then of course I almost instantly recover and apologize for swearing, since I don't like swearing. But you could know me for a really long time and not hear me swear.

MBTI
    ISTP

I swear quite a lot in real life, though I rarely use swear words on the Internet. Usually, it's common place terms like "Shit", "Damn" or just plain "Bloody hell".

...I tend to use swear words a lot when I'm surprised or did something wrong:

"What the bloody hell was that!?" or "Oh, damn, I screwed up." -shrugs-

But I usually moderate my language in front of teachers, for the sake of avoiding punishment. And also because I do not like being seen as a vulgar, un-educated barbarian. xD

I don't mind other people swearing unless they're doing it excessively: in every single sentence that they say, for example. xD I've heard some school mates of mine use swear words in dialect as nicknames.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I once called my former boss a cunt.

Long story short, I don't work there anymore...

MBTI
    INFP

Default I dare you to be more creative...

I dated an ISTJ police officer who brought his work home with him all the time. I would beg him to be more creative and find better words that would work better than the f-word. He would use it as a verb, noun, adverb, prepositional phrase... whatever! It would drive me up the wall!

I use to NEVER swear, but after dating him for 9-years, I actually would curse, mostly when I was angry, much to my dismay.

Thankfully, it's been 3-years since we have broken up, and even still, I have to be very careful not to curse when I am angry (it takes unbelievable restraint on my part). It's really annoying.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I once called my former boss a cunt.

Long story short, I don't work there anymore...
    I guess!!! That's an awful word to call a woman. :1377:
    -Sandy
    Enneagram 4w5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I guess!!! That's an awful word to call a woman. :1377:
    They often deserve it.

Women are touchy by the word "cunt," blacks touchy by the "N"-word, gays touchy by "faggot." But in the end, all it ever adds up to is name calling -- getting worked up over name calling is childish.

Words don't hurt unless you let them. Those who let words hurt them are weak. (Not trolling, just stating a fact.)

Anyway, I think the strongest correlation (if any) between type and swearing is probably to T types. Somehow, I think Fs (and maybe SJs) are too much attuned to proper manners to engage in swearing.

MBTI
    INFP

They often deserve it.

Women are touchy by the word "cunt," blacks touchy by the "N"-word, gays touchy by "faggot." But in the end, all it ever adds up to is name calling -- getting worked up over name calling is childish.
    It may seem childish to you, but maybe it's because you are a T; Feelers like me wouldn't expect you to understand.

Words don't hurt unless you let them. Those who let words hurt them are weak. (Not trolling, just stating a fact.)
    They may be weak, but it's still wrong to be cruel. See THIS

Anyway, I think the strongest correlation (if any) between type and swearing is probably to T types. Somehow, I think Fs (and maybe SJs) are too much attuned to proper manners to engage in swearing.
    You may be right about this, but I do know that my INTP boyfriend holds it back well (on purpose) and my ex-boyfriend ISTJ cop, as courteous as he was, was horrible at holding his cursing in. *shrugging shoulders*
    -Sandy
    Enneagram 4w5

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Um. I use 'bloody' way too much. In any variation. And crap is a bit overused, too. Damn doesn't count as swearing, does it!?

But that's about it. :P Yeah, fairly mild.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Words don't hurt unless you let them. Those who let words hurt them are weak.
    That's true, but if you are strong enough to not let them hurt you, then it is your responsibility to take care of the weak.

Well, it's not your responsibility per se, but it would be nice if you did.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    GONE

They often deserve it.

This would actually mean something if you fit ANY of the groups you described.

But since you don't, it doesn't mean jack or shit.

See, and you said F's don't swear!

People who refuse to admit they are hurt by something -- those people are truly weak.

And what's wrong with being childish? Geez, Uber, are you in such a hurry to be a stuffy Grown Up??

Even the stoic need hugs. And if you are ever in such need, just let Auntie Cze Cze know.

I will dispense hugs with all the fury and authority of the Red Guard. And by Red, I mean Red with Love.

Here you go! --->