User Tag List

Thread: new phone

MBTI
    SEXY

Default new phone

Yesterday my old crappy mobile phone died. Actually this happened the day before yesterday, at a party where I was so drunk I can't remember what could be the cause of my phone failing, it doesn't look damaged but it won't turn on, no matter what I do. Maybe it even was a coincidence, it was failing before the party, but then it still worked.

Anyway. Today I got a new phone, the HTC Hero, with the google android operating system. It is about the ugliest phone money can buy. But I bought it because it's touchscreen has very big buttons, and due to some defect in my nervous system, possibly genetic in nature, my hands shake a lot (for all you sceptics, I've had this since I was a kid so I KNOW it's not caused by my alcohol consumption habits).

I quite like the options this phone offers me.

Yeah, I'm part of the 'in' crowd now!

What mobile phone do you have?
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP

LOL I'm a big HTC fan, I'm on my 4 version, Hero doesn't look back, I'm running the HTC dimond 2...

Not sure what you think is so ugly is this your phone?
    HTC Hero Graphite | Pay monthly contract| Mobile phones | Orange

I think that looks OK.

Actually we can all expect to be on smart phones sooner or later according to a futurology lecture I was at recently. As I said I've been on a smart phone for years now.

The alternative is the Ipone, which people get really into because they can load up loads of apps, but to me that is jsut a big gimmicy, I have all the functionality I want in my dimond 2... maybe I'm misisng out on something.

I have to say the new HTCs are not a massive improvment on previous versions.. Functionality is pretty similar - they are just thinner/lighter and slightly less clumsy.

I may try and Iphone next or stick to HTc I guess I will see when I get there...

Enjoy your new phone, it will have good functionality

MBTI
    SEXY

Yeah, I considered the Iphone as well, but It was only available with a specific phone company, T-mobile, which didn't have the right conditions to it. Windows mobile wasn't really an option to me because of the small QWERTY touchscreen keyboard and my shaky hands. The Hero came stock with google's Android. Another advantage of android is that it has the hugh amount of apps, like the Iphone. This is less for windows mobile or the nokia and LG operating systems. I don't find this really necessary, but it's fun nonetheless.

And no, you're right, there are not so much function changes between old and new HTC phones, but the newer ones tend to offer better and stronger hardware. The older ones can be a bit flimsy and the cameras and soundcards are not as good for instance.

And you like the look of that thing? It has this weird angle in it that looks really ugly if you ask me.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm in the UK too - assuming that is where you are given you 1. called it a mobile and reference T mobile being the carrier.

The I phone is now available on other networks I beleive.

As for your new phone....I didn't like the angle thing but the rest looked OK - liked the colour effect.

Not come across the google's Android - does this mean they have droped the windows operating system? Thats annoying, or is it just goodle android is an addition to the exsisting features

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'm in the UK too - assuming that is where you are given you 1. called it a mobile and reference T mobile being the carrier.

The I phone is now available on other networks I beleive.

As for your new phone....I didn't like the angle thing but the rest looked OK - liked the colour effect.

Not come across the google's Android - does this mean they have droped the windows operating system? Thats annoying, or is it just goodle android is an addition to the exsisting features
    I'm located in Holland and the phone is still only available with T-mobile.

And I'm not sure if HTC dropped windows mobile entirely, but this model has the google operating system. It is indeed a completely different operating system, but I compared it to the windows mobile 6.something on my roommates' HTC diamond 2 and I came to the conclusion that there definitely is a difference, but that they're similar enough so that if you can work with one of them, you can work with the other one as well.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP

Ah yes you are in the Netherlands - dogh

buggar - it means my bespoke software wont work on it, MAN I spent money on the software... Oh well I will get 18 months use out of it

Hope it goes well for you, google picks are usually quite good, I use a google gadgets thing on my desktop at home

Lis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Iphone. Pretty happy with it. Wrote down all the pros and cons but lost connection to this sight when I tried to spell check (damm I hate when this happens on this computer)

PS. Shimmy I have a light hand tremor since when I was a kid too. Comes and goes but worst with coffee or cig.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    PS. Shimmy I have a light hand tremor since when I was a kid too. Comes and goes but worst with coffee or cig.
    , It also decreases with alcohol. It gets worse when I focus on my fine motor skills, but gets less when I subconsciously do things, like play guitar.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

HTC Touch HD and yes it's a windows mobile as is the Touch HD2 the Diamond and the Pro.

Still I'm looking at android for the next phone. I wouldn't touch the iphone on principle... and one resources. I'm thinking though that next time I may leave HTCs cold hold and go for the Sony Experia X10. Looks tasty!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?