First 1523242526273575125 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Simulatedworld, "Seeing multiple perspectives" is a textbook explanation of what Ni is and elementary at best.
    If it's elementary then why don't you regularly do that? That was the entire reason behind why I brought up ISFJ. Simulatedworld pretty much summed up my thoughts on how you are in this post-

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Anyway though, why don't I think LA is INFJ? Her posts rarely encourage considering different interpretations; they tend to just explain her own in detail.

Granted, that isn't a bad thing--I don't usually back up every side in an argument either, but Ni doms (especially INFJs who often feel a sense of duty to keep things civil) almost can't help doing this because they see so many different perspectives at once.

When I think INFJ, I think of people like toonia, fidelia and silentlyhonest. It takes a LOT to get them off their game, and their posts are often more inquisitive explorations of the different ways one could look at the issue (Ni) than simply rote explanations of the reasons for their own personal viewpoints (Si.)
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ It's also pretty cool how she didn't refute any of my points, just declared my explanation "elementary" and then insisted that only Ni doms are savvy enough to recognize each other. Falls right into the "You're completely wrong and I don't have time to bother expounding" Si mold that characterizes her posting patterns.

Doesn't sound very Ni at all, come to think of it. But hey, I guess I'm totally clueless on spotting Ni, since I'm not an Ni user.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    If it's elementary then why don't you regularly do that? That was the entire reason behind why I brought up ISFJ. Simulatedworld pretty much summed up my thoughts on how you are in this post-
    Do you know what is going on in my head? Ni is an introverted function, it's not that evident unless a person wants to spell it out for you. I already explained to you that disagreement doesn't equal lack of perspective.

Sim, your explanations of the other functions are okay. But Ni needs work.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I already explained to you that disagreement doesn't equal lack of perspective.
    I know. But what I meant was that it seems like you aren't seeing the other person's point of view, in the disagreement.

Like what's happening now.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Do you know what is going on in my head? Ni is an introverted function, it's not that evident unless a person wants to spell it out for you. I already explained to you that disagreement doesn't equal lack of perspective.

Sim, your explanations of the other functions are okay. But Ni needs work.
    lol "I know I'm Ni dom because that's what I remember always having identified myself as." = Si

Actually Ni is extremely evident in some posters--look at edgar or antisocial one or poppy or toonia. (EDIT: Or athenian! That guy is bursting with Ni.) Examples abound; these posters consistently approach discussions by reframing the question from a different perspective, which you never do.

You tend to do exactly what you're doing now--curtly and dismissively declare everybody else wrong because you KNOW otherwise through direct experience, and then insist that you have neither the time nor the inclination to explain why.

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but that's patently SFJ.

I think your conception of Ni needs more work than mine, by a long shot. Most INFJs would respond to a questioning of their type designation with something to the effect of: "Really? How might you interpret my personality as a different type?" and then give legitimate consideration to other possibilities.

Ni wouldn't even necessarily feel the need to designate one type or any one particular interpretation as "the truth"--a true Ni dom would probably recognize the arbitrary and trivial nature of any such categorization system and not be too worried about it if someone else sees him in a different light--for Ni, it's all up to interpretation, anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

BlackCat: I understand what you're saying. But that's not my type. I think I know me a little better than you know me.

Sim, whatever. I won't engage you in this debate any longer. I don't have anything to prove to you.

[Next you will probably say: Of course, point proven. You can't see multiple perspectives!]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

BlackCat: I understand what you're saying. But that's not my type. I think I know me a little better than you know me.

Sim, whatever. I won't engage you in this debate any longer. I don't have anything to prove to you.

[Next you will probably say: Of course, point proven. You can't see multiple perspectives!]
    This is how you respond in every debate. "You're clearly wrong. End of story."

Come on, really? Why don't you tell me about what it is that you think typifies Ni use? I'm curious now.

lol, translation: "My direct past experience on this topic is of the utmost importance here; therefore it doesn't matter what evidence you are currently presenting to the contrary." = Si Si Si!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, you are illustrating every single thing they have pointed out, almost as if they handed you the script.

But this is getting boring.

Jaguar - ISFP
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Yes, you are illustrating every single thing they have pointed out, almost as if they handed you the script.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

sim - you sound like an ESFJ more and more.......
    I N V I C T U S