User Tag List

View Poll Results: Burn out or fade away?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burn Out

5 29.41%
  • Fade Away

12 70.59%
First 123

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    That's burn out dumb ass!

Going backwards through the gates of heaven in a ball of flame crying out "where's the women?".
    Does that not sound like joy?
    No. Plus, burning out does not sound the same to me as exploding. Big difference! Shall I find audio files to illustrate???

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'd clap you on the back and congratulate you for an excellent analogy but I have the unnerving feeling that such would be inappropriate and that you're being serious.

As for watching the change, yes society and technology has changed a hell of a lot in 100 years and if someone could wake me up every hundred years for about a year or so then I'd be happy being immortal (well for a while at least). However to actually have to live through those 100 years and wait for each new thing to arrive in front of me would be torture. The world does not move fast enough to keep me preoccupied for that long. I do have a nasty feeling that I'll be about 80 odd and still wandering about continuing with various experiments and projects suddenly stopping and thinking out loud "Bugger. I was supposed to die in a noteworthy way about 40 years ago. Oh well I guess I'll just have to settle for being old and eccentric."
    Things change fast enough for me,lol. There are so many things being learned all over the place that I can't keep up. Plus I need to live a long long life in order to accomplish my dream of achieving my many goals,lol. There are so many projects I want to do that I need all the years I can get granted that I be well enough or in the condition to do them,lol. I am easliy fascinated too so that might be another thing to consider. Plus I live and love to laugh and can make myself laugh more then anyone-sometimes I am the only laughing but that doesn't matter to me,lol, so I want to see how much shtick I can come up with in a life time and polish all the funny bones or cultivate my genius,lol.

Being old and eccentric is cool!!!!!!!
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

When I'm 85 I'll buy a gun and some c4 and start murdering nazis. Unless I fade out first, and I will probably.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Things change fast enough for me,lol. There are so many things being learned all over the place that I can't keep up. Plus I need to live a long long life in order to accomplish my dream of achieving my many goals,lol. There are so many projects I want to do that I need all the years I can get granted that I be well enough or in the condition to do them,lol. I am easliy fascinated too so that might be another thing to consider. Plus I live and love to laugh and can make myself laugh more then anyone-sometimes I am the only laughing but that doesn't matter to me,lol, so I want to see how much shtick I can come up with in a life time and polish all the funny bones or cultivate my genius,lol.

Being old and eccentric is cool!!!!!!!
    To be sure there are enough things to do that there's never enough time, personally I hold work entirely responsible for this and intend to put it to death as soon as possible. However one of the things which can only ever be done right at the end is finding out how far you can push. To find out what it'd be like to fly off the road and into a tree doing 200mph or something else ridiculously daft. Smile on face, big bang then nothing. You've got to admit that's one hell of a full stop and a nice way to wrap things up.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Punggung View Post
    When I'm 85 I'll buy a gun and some c4 and start murdering nazis. Unless I fade out first, and I will probably.
    Nah go with nitroglycerine. It'd be funnier... just make sure you don't get the shakes first
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Punggung View Post
    Umm...is this related to your 'Nazi friend' post?

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd rather go out in a blaze of honour and glory than die an old man drowning in my own piss. As Porthos says in Man In The Iron Mask. Or words to that effect.

It'd depend a lot on whether I was alone. See, my dad lived the last 15 years of his life pretty much alone, so if he'd 'faded away' into an extended old age, then it'd have been excrutiating. For him, the quick death of a sudden heart attack whilst tinkering on the engines he loved in his mid-60's, was the best thing.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen