User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: Criticize me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

You're clearly quite intelligent yet have opted to be an NF. I'm afraid I can't abide by this flagrant misuse of intellectual capability.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't want to commit the sin of being a false oracle, but you could be at the center of lots of unwanted melodrama ahead in your life. I am thinking about relationships/friendships and mostly the line between the two, despite your friendly, open nature. Note that this is not necessarily negative, but certainly unpleasant, and it's certainly not something I wish you.

It might sound evil to say this, a little bit out of the blue too, and also besides the point of the thread, i.e. "I want to improve"; but from the very little I gather (and therefore unreliable), the process seems on its way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    As a former Biology major, I'm pleased to inform you that eugenics is the stuff of fairy tales. It will always be the environment that is the lord and master over genetics, never the other way around. You can't change the world by changing the human blueprint, because it's the world that dictates the direction of change for all life.
    Ah, universal education teaching you what they want you to hear (just like religion and politics). Your first mistake.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Ah, universal education teaching you what they want you to hear (just like religion and politics). Your first mistake.
    Cough...ad hominem...cough.

Niffler, as long as you stay true to yourself there is no way you can possibly fail in this world.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Niffler, as long as you stay true to yourself there is no way you can possibly fail in this world.
    True, that. All you need to do is vary the definition of "failure".

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    True, that. All you need to do is vary the definition of "failure".
    Actually, it depends upon your defined purpose. Generally an NF wants to just be a good and decent person. Being true to yourself ultimately accomplishes that goal because no matter the mistake, you have protected your personal integrity.

Now if your purpose is to make the most money, or to be the most intelligent, or to be the best, then you have already failed because there will always be someone who has more, is smarter in other ways, or who has accomplished greater things. Whereas to an NF, the path to greatness begins in small, good deeds.

MBTI
    INTP

You're not introverted enough.
    You're too intuitive.
    You're too much of a feeler. Think more.
    Too much perceiving, not enough judging.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    You're not introverted enough.
    You're too intuitive.
    You're too much of a feeler. Think more.
    Too much perceiving, not enough judging.
    Why didn't I think of that?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Why didn't I think of that?
    He (She?) speaks the truth.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't have criticism, but I have advice. And if you don't take three and a half minutes to think about my advice, then I will criticize you.

Facts:
    *Niffer is young.
    *Niffer is intellectually endowed.
    *Niffer has resources available to her to achieve her goals.
    *Niffer is highly competent with people
    *Niffer is highly self-aware
    *Niffer can pwn social situations naturally

My advice knowing these facts:
    *You should exploit the fact that you have a block of years ahead of you where you're going to be stuck in school without choosing your career/life options. Exploit the fact that right now you're sort of stuck in school doing what they tell you to do; recognize the blessing.
    Succeed academically, but my advice is to give only as much effort as you need to stand out and be labeled as gifted. (Note that they should be able to tell this by someone looking at your transcript alone, so your university doors are all open.)
    Pour the rest of your energy into building solid foundations. Become impossibly well-rounded and set up spring-boards now that you can choose to jump off of later in life.

Get a real solid grasp on music. Study the theory; learn the math behind it. Get the relationships.
    Learn the major concepts of every school subject. Understand the basics and the relationships; do not leave any holes.
    Study MBTI and other things; learn what motivates people. (I'm certain you have a very intuitive grasp on this already, but really pour into learning about what motivates people consciously. Observe people in roles and see how it plays out, from A to Z. Recognize what stresses different people out; learn to recognize those barely-perceptible signs people give off. If you get a conscious grasp on what your ENFP-aware-self already knows, you'll be able to move any social mountain in your future.)

Take some risks athletically. Try pushing your body. Know what it feels like to feel like you can't give anymore and then give some more. Learn how to allow your mind to master your body. (In positive ways only. If Usehername would not approve, you are not allowed to master your body with your mind, i.e. gaining an eating disorder. Needs to be said to any female, although I'm not too worried about you b/c you're too hot already

Learn that people are always growing. Well, learn that they should be growing. And learn that not everybody is. Sometimes you get tricked until you get into a deep conversation with someone.
    Learn that people who developed a life philosophy in their formative years and have not grown it since are really not people who are wise. These are people who used to be wise. Now they're relying on their past-selves. But the world has changed, and you can't trust these people's wisdom any more. Even the intelligent ones. Take the good (which there will be plenty of) and leave the rest of what they impart on you. When you come across a non-growing person, be able to say, "this is a really intelligent person. They really knew how the world worked when they were growing themselves."

Take spiritual risks in the sense of discovering where your soul belongs. Keep searching for where your soul belongs. (My advice is to go to TLiquidLaser for Xnity if that's one of the places you're looking

Basically, I envision that you can build an entire world for yourself; a multi-faceted ball of earth taht is all yours. If you build it solidly now, before the Adult Life gets in the way with all of its responsibilities and obligations, you can choose whichever way you want to build up from there.
    Lots of people have only a 2D foundation. Make yours multi-dimensional. Do this because you can.
    When you're older and feel the need for a big direction change, you can build castles on the north pole and on the south pole and you'll be equally okay because you build the solid foundations earlier in life. Make it easier for you later by really solidifying a well-rounded skill set for yourself now.
    (I'm not saying someone your age doesn't have responsibilities and obligations, only that they are generally regimented in a way that allows for a lot of personal freedom in comparison. Plus there's generally lower expectations for someone your age, so you can exploit that right now.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis