User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Criticize me

MBTI
    OMNi

You could use a darker color text for your sig cuz it's kinda hard to read. Hows that?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Okay. Niffer. This isn't exactly a criticism of you in specific. But I've known a lot of young people who, like you, were unusually bright and perceptive. Many of them had a rough time as they grew into adulthood. When you're very bright, I think sometimes you figure some important stuff out sooner than others-- but before you've got the benefit of being fully developed. That can sometimes make your later life seem somewhat empty, because the things people who developed at the usual rate are experiencing as adults, you experienced as a teen when you didn't have the freedom to enjoy them fully. It can sometimes feel like you peaked early, and that feeling really sucks. (I've felt it myself.)

I hope that makes sense and doesn't seem too condescending. I really enjoy having you here.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You're not serious enough. Then again, I think that about everyone.

You're sensitive internally, but don't communicate this well.

MBTI
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Okay. Niffer. This isn't exactly a criticism of you in specific. But I've known a lot of young people who, like you, were unusually bright and perceptive. Many of them had a rough time as they grew into adulthood. When you're very bright, I think sometimes you figure some important stuff out sooner than others-- but before you've got the benefit of being fully developed. That can sometimes make your later life seem somewhat empty, because the things people who developed at the usual rate are experiencing as adults, you experienced as a teen when you didn't have the freedom to enjoy them fully. It can sometimes feel like you peaked early, and that feeling really sucks. (I've felt it myself.)

I hope that makes sense and doesn't seem too condescending. I really enjoy having you here.
    T_T that's me. lol.
    I know WAY to much.

anyway, yes, I was gonna say your sig was too bright too
    for nothing else to say. very pretty avatar.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That made me think of two things:

Styx -- Too much time on my hands

"Twenty years of groping to prove the things I'd done before were not accidents... seminars and lectures to rows of fools who couldn't begin to understand my systems... colleagues, laughing behind my back at the 'Boy Wonder' and becoming famous, building on my work -- building on my work!" -- Dr. Richard Daystrom, "The Ultimate Computer"

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Nah, everyone knows the stuff I know. They just don't think about it. I have actually wondered though about what I would be like in the future. Are you saying I'm going to have to sit it out for a while till I get the goodies? xD

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You're not serious enough. Then again, I think that about everyone.

You're sensitive internally, but don't communicate this well.
    I know! Tell me how I can!! It's a horrible issue of mine, but I'd have to alter my entire image, wouldn't I? Btw, for your later post, I don't see how the second quote relates to it.

Thanks for all the...compliments, rofl. And @ htb.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Btw, for your later post, I don't see how the second quote relates to it.
    That was related to Ivy's post, actually. She was talking about people who peak early in life, and spend the rest of their lives trying to surpass their earlier achievements, and never being able to do so. It wasn't really about you in particular.

I felt like I matured earlier than my friends and was always looking to hang out with an older crowd. I finally now at 23 feel like I've caught up with my age.

Maybe it's an enfp thing?

I am also starting to think that as much as we don't like negative feedback, we crave it as well to better ourselves. I find I do this alot on message boards where people know me really well and with close friends.

MBTI
    INTJ

Want to be critiqued? Do the Nohari chart.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I want to improve.
    432 West 44th Street.