INFP

Wow, you are a bit of a snob, AA.

I think I hate you now.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I hate you too, JJJ!

ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    On the subject of travel...

I secretly think I, er, have an advantage over people who have never left the town they were born in... There is so much more to the world! You're just limiting yourself to being close-minded and ignorant if you never travel.

I also believe that if you're going to live somewhere, especially somewhere that doesn't have english as an official language (or whatever your native language might be), you're really required to put in your best effort to learn the language (and culture and all that comes with it). If you don't, you're just being slack.

In fact, knowing a second language should really be a skill everyone has.

I also pride myself on my general knowledge and competence, and secretly enjoy knowing that I know more about most things than most of my family. (Although my dad's grasp of useless trivia is above and beyond anything I'll ever be able to accomplish)...
    I completely agree!!
    Some of my friends have never left the South!!! They have no idea what they're missing out on. The South is alright and all, but seriously, get out! Go see stuff!
    On that note, my best friend here in college went on an interview in NC and he now can't wait to move away from Baton Rouge. Even thought it wasn't even 2 whole days, it opened his eyes just enough for him to see that the South isn't everything.

I love being more traveled than others.

I also like to think I'm more competent than most... My dad always used to tell me "Mary C., sometimes in life you just have to think!" And I wasn't always sure what he meant, but now I realize that...some people don't think much at all D:

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Thank God it's not just me! Of of all my popular culture likes and dislikes, this is the one where I never found a kindred soul.

Well, maybe also intensely disliking Radiohead.
    *high five* I've finally found someone else who dislikes LotR! I really can't believe it!! Most people look at me like I just damned them to infinite time in purgatory when they hear my thoughts on LotR.

I don't even think I know any Radiohead songs. I guess I'm not missing much
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post

I secretly think I am better than have an advantage over people who have never left the town they were born in... There is so much more to the world! You're just limiting yourself to being close-minded and ignorant if you never travel.
    Agree. That's not snobbery, it's just fact: broadening horizons gives one an advantage and so much more to work with.

I also believe that if you're going to live somewhere, especially somewhere that doesn't have english as an official language (or whatever your native language might be), you're really required to put in your best effort to learn the language (and culture and all that comes with it). If you don't, you're just being slack.
    COMPLETELY agree.

In fact, knowing a second language should really be a skill everyone has.
    These things aren't snobbery or pretentiousness, they're just opinions, and pretty valid ones at that.

I delight in pointing out all the stupid and obviously biased things I come across in the newspaper.
    Haha, I do that too! A friend of mine says it's murder sitting near me when I'm reading a newspaper, and when we go for breakfast at the cathedral refectory he makes sure he gets there before me and hides the newspapers! lol

I sound horrible!
    I completely disagree!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Unlike substitute, I downplay my IQ scores whenever asked. that's really pretentious.

I also go for obscure music like kings of convenience, iron and wine, or older music like simon and garfunkel, beatles, the times when lyrics mattered and there was music in the songs. Intellectual snob *tsk*.

Apart from that, I can do that whole brown-nosing, chi-chi air kissing, flutter-flutter, wine tasting, general champagne fuelled soirees, mah dahlings. And I could salsa, cha cha or rhumba with you too *drops a curtsey*

And I pretend to enjoy them so well.

ooh. I really hate me sometimes.

coda: Ok, the dancing is real though. I love dance.

P.S: before everyone really hates me, let me clarify the brown-nosing is because of my line of work. *lol*.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm really pretentious about going to another country and eating local food (instead of McDonalds or anything typical of your country). I insist on tying to speak the local language. I also make it a point of sightseeing and do not understand people who spend their time in the hotel. I find it really low to go to another country and not make the effort to explore the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I prefer stouffer's but I don't think I'd mourn the lose of it. I mean you're in europe what the fuck are you doing eating mac & cheese? try something different. I really hate when people go out of the country and stay in a resort then eat somewhere like Mcdonald's. Jesus if you're going to do that, why waste your money, or hell give me the money and I'll study the culture and hopefully make friends with a local.

I realize Mac & Cheese is good, but I mean you can get that anywhere, and if you are going to get mac and cheese I say try one of the brands not in the US.
    Or MAKE it! Baked macaroni and cheese can be sublime and is one of my favorite foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    This just can't be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Don't draw attention to his disorder. It's possible that it isn't his fault. And the poor bastard won't even be able to find a support group to rehabilitate him.
    Oh, but they're just so PRECIOUS. I know rock music is full of affectations, but I prefer the balls-out cocksurety of someone like Mick Jagger to the look-how-sensitive-and-progressive-we-are kind. It just seems so un-rock 'n roll.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Or MAKE it! Baked macaroni and cheese can be sublime and is one of my favorite foods.
    I like making it from scratch, I never do I as never have the ingredients for it.

I pretend to actually know something about science.

Fact is, anyone can memorize facts.