User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I'm reactionary in my unpretentiousness.
    I think that's a pretentious statement.

MBTI
    ENTP

If I take an aptitude or skill test of some kind, I usually exaggerate my score by about 10 to 20% when people ask me how I did Verbally, that is - it just sorta 'happens' before I realise I've done it. But in writing I have time to think, and usually backspace the exaggerated score and write the real one in, grudgingly.

And sometimes I behave a lot more outgoing than I really feel, and people think I'm full of confidence and charisma and think it all comes naturally and say stuff to me like "I wish I was as outgoing as you!", when I'm really quite nervous and shy and feeling a total fool, and I'm only doing it to live up to the image people get of me when they meet me when I really am in that kind of mood.

Wolf - funny what you say about beer, I dunno where you live but in Europe, the kind of traditional English ales (not lagers, which is what we call beers like Budweiser) that you drink at room temperature have a bearded college professors around a pub quiz table image, and computer programmers and that type of thing. They're not really low brow, but lager is. My brother has a real ale brand t-shirt with the slogan on it: "What's the matter, lager boy? Afraid you'll TASTE something?"
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Well, maybe also intensely disliking Radiohead.
    This just can't be true!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    This just can't be true!
    Don't draw attention to his disorder. It's possible that it isn't his fault. And the poor bastard won't even be able to find a support group to rehabilitate him.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Don't draw attention to his disorder. It's possible that it isn't his fault. And the poor bastard won't even be able to find a support group to rehabilitate him.
    Radiohead

I remember seeing some Radiohead toilet paper in a shop once. Nearly bought it, just for the satisfaction of wiping my ass on them.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Radiohead

I remember seeing some Radiohead toilet paper in a shop once. Nearly bought it, just for the satisfaction of wiping my ass on them.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    My friend was solo touring Europe and she said she got so pissed when 2 American backpackers were in Italy, mourning the loss of Stouffer's Mac N'Cheese. Apparently they missed it horribly and were complaining they couldn't get it in Europe (outside of US commissaries of course). So maybe that is how my friend is pretentious. Then again, she's wealthy and well-educated so I guess that's her excuse.

BTW Magic, I'm going to stop trying for 'subtle humor'. Since I was replying to a thread that asked 'how are you pretentious' and then I say 'you spelled this wrong' followed by 'I'm better than a spellchecker' it's like, haha, I'm a grammar nazi, get it? Wow, that was clever.

No?

Dammit, never mind.

I'm going to revert to liberal ab/use of emoticons i.e. the flashing neon signs of online humor. Except I'm running out. I think there's goingn to be a shortage of them on the interweb soon if I keep this up...

And I swear if you say this is another example of ENFP waffling... :1377:
    I prefer stouffer's but I don't think I'd mourn the lose of it. I mean you're in europe what the fuck are you doing eating mac & cheese? try something different. I really hate when people go out of the country and stay in a resort then eat somewhere like Mcdonald's. Jesus if you're going to do that, why waste your money, or hell give me the money and I'll study the culture and hopefully make friends with a local.

I realize Mac & Cheese is good, but I mean you can get that anywhere, and if you are going to get mac and cheese I say try one of the brands not in the US.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Okay, yeah, I'm a bit of a snob.

1) I hate smoking with a fiery passion. I lose tons of respect for a friend when they pick up the habit, or find when someone I thought was a non-smoker pulls a cigarette/cigar out. Not to say I don't accept people anyway, it's your life and your choice(and actually I feel really rude when someone's smoking around me and I cough or move away.. but my lungs seriously can't tolerate it)..but you will most likely be subject to vicious and biting sarcasm and/or honesty on my part, every chance I get.
    That sounds pretty accurate.

And annoying tourists are maddening!

On the subject of travel...

I secretly think I am better than have an advantage over people who have never left the town they were born in... There is so much more to the world! You're just limiting yourself to being close-minded and ignorant if you never travel.

I also believe that if you're going to live somewhere, especially somewhere that doesn't have english as an official language (or whatever your native language might be), you're really required to put in your best effort to learn the language (and culture and all that comes with it). If you don't, you're just being slack.

In fact, knowing a second language should really be a skill everyone has.

I delight in pointing out all the stupid and obviously biased things I come across in the newspaper. I do pride myself on my fairness, open-mindedness and general agreeableness although that reminds me....

Remember those reality shows (or some such program) where the fake fake contestants describe themselves? Every one would say 'I'm so down-to-earth!'... That made me laugh, because they were anything but.

And so, in conclusion, I think everyone thinks they are open-minded and fair. Which is obviously not the case. I'll refrain from judging myself, though...

I also pride myself on my general knowledge and competence, and secretly enjoy knowing that I know more about most things than most of my family. (Although my dad's grasp of useless trivia is above and beyond anything I'll ever be able to accomplish)...

Okay, that's enough for one post. I sound horrible!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    XNXP

I try not to be, most of the time, and this in itself can be "pretentious", I suppose, as it leads to be looking down my nose at people who I judge to be over-doing it. Sometimes, when arguing, I fail to make note of an opponent's good points, but this may be from habit, as making a few concessions ( which are almost always used against me later ) in arguments with my brother, is something which is rarely reciprocated by him.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.