User Tag List

First 3111213

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Not looking at their profile... looking here.
    Ah! Man! I really need to improve my stalking skillz.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I also wear glasses.
    How is wearing glasses pretentious? Do you need glasses?

Now freaking everything is supposed to be pretentious?

MBTI
    INFP

I pepper my sentences with strange vocabulary, and I watch foreign films a lot. I also wear glasses.
    My good sir, allow me to direct you here.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    How is wearing glasses pretentious? Do you need glasses?

Now freaking everything is supposed to be pretentious?
    Yes, I need glasses. I have horrid eyesight. I usually wear my contacts, but wearing them every day for weeks makes my eyes itchy. I like my glasses a lot.

Wearing glasses isn't pretentious in and of itself. I can MAKE IT pretentious, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

heart on fire

Yes, I need glasses. I have horrid eyesight. I usually wear my contacts, but wearing them every day for weeks makes my eyes itchy. I like my glasses a lot.

Wearing glasses isn't pretentious in and of itself. I can MAKE IT pretentious, though.
    How?

Good grief, now another thing for people to call others "pretentious" over. It can't be pretentious if you really need them and who says one is obligated to wear contacts just because contacts are available? They are a real pain in the arse to deal with and slapping on a pair of glasses just takes a moment.

It isn't pretentious to like foriegn films either...if one really likes them. I watch them when no one else is around so no one will give me a hard time about it and complain .... or call me pretentious! Same with opera music.

heart on fire

How?

Good grief, now another thing for people to call others "pretentious" over. It can't be pretentious if you really need them and who says one is obligated to wear contacts just because contacts are available? They are a real pain in the arse to deal with and slapping on a pair of glasses just takes a moment.

It isn't pretentious to like foriegn films either...if one really likes them. I watch them when no one else is around so no one will give me a hard time about it and complain .... or call me pretentious! Same with opera music.

gawd...

My in-laws called me pretentious just because I used paper napkins at Christmas dinner instead of paper towels. Imagine what they say when I wear my glasses..ugh.. I can just hear it! "She thinks she is so smart when she wears those glasses..."

Sorry, I am having a person emotional reaction, lol.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    How?

gawd...

My in-laws called me pretentious just because I used paper napkins at Christmas dinner instead of paper towels. Imagine what they say when I wear my glasses..ugh.. I can just hear it!

Jeez, you're taking it way too seriously. I am not that pretentious a guy. I watch Ghostbusters and Ugetsu. I eat fried chicken and white truffle risotto. It's a matter of attitude.

If you are worried about people finding you pretentious, paper napkins and glasses aren't the problem. Claiming to be from the 18th Century and having a Kierkegaard signature on a website that discusses personality type theory may be a little closer to the core of the matter.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

heart on fire

Claiming to be from the 18th Century and having a Kierkegaard signature on a website that discusses personality type theory may be a little closer to the core of the matter.
    Nobody in my offline life knows about my online life here... Good grief, do you think I am totally without sense?

Anyway, yes things like the paper napkin thing ARE a problem in my offline life with in-laws, I get sick of their comments. If I spread sawdust on the floors and brought in chickens and pigs, they would still accuse of having airs about something...too high a grade of saw dust or something.

I am not that pretentious a guy.
    Where did I say you were? I was complaining about all the ways people try accuse others of being pretentious.