Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Pre-Halloween bitching...

I must say that Halloween is the second biggest sham of the year, only topped by Xmas. I do not see the point of dressing up in rubber suits pretending to be werewolves, zombies, and vampires. Why is this considered scary when it's the same fucking thing every fucking year?! Why must everyone dance around in the graveyard acting like Gothic vampires instead of doing something useful?

And what is the fucking point of these Halloween parties? For that matter, what is the point of any party? I mean, sure, there is free food, but beyond that, why do people stay?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

When else can you let your kid parade around the neighborhood in a spray-painted cardboard box robot suit?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    When else can you let your kid parade around the neighborhood in a spray-painted cardboard box robot suit?
    And what is the point of that?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And what is the point of that?
    The kids enjoy it. It's worth the stress of buying the costume components and putting them together and the sore feet of walking the neighborhood if they get to have fun.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ok I get the fun for lil kids but im 23 and all of my friends want me to dress up and go to parties...

I won't do it. So sue me! I only dress up when I am on a stage and bajillions of people will get to see my amazing acting skills, outside of that no dressup! (I would however be down for some dressup in the bedroom...some of those costumes are hot!)

But yeah I agree. I am not a halloween fan.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I do not personally enjoy dressing up for Halloween, but I like seeing the kids enjoy it. I like answering the door to all the cute little astronauts, dead ballerinas, and Harry Potters. Why does everything have to have a point? What's wrong with some good old-fashioned pointless fun?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTP

Sorry, Valentines is 2nd to Christmas. Maybe Thanksgiving.

Halloween is the only holiday worth celebrating. You get to be someone else, do what you want, party, eat candy, and play with mini explosives.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Sorry, Valentines is 2nd to Christmas. Maybe Thanksgiving.

Halloween is the only holiday worth celebrating. You get to be someone else, do what you want, party, eat candy, and play with mini explosives.
    I'll give you Valentine's Day. It could only be a symbol of death -- why else would an arrow pierce a heart?

Thanksgiving, though, is awesome -- society's mindless celebration of genocide! Nothing is more beautiful!

I love being reminded of what idiots people are!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'll give you Valentine's Day. It could only be a symbol of death -- why else would an arrow pierce a heart?

Thanksgiving, though, is awesome -- society's mindless celebration of genocide! Nothing is more beautiful!

I love being reminded of what idiots people are!

There's a long literary/cultural tradition of linking erotic love, specifically orgasm, and death.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ

I must say that Halloween is the second biggest sham of the year, only topped by Xmas.
    Hahahahaha. This is how I know that you are not an SJ.

Are you anti-establishment, by any chance?