User Tag List

MBTI
    SEXY

Default The new MSN messenger is crap and I want to destroy it.

Title is self-explanatory.

"The new MSN messenger is crap and I want to destroy it."

The interface sucks, useful buttons are tucked away behind silly pictograms nobody seems to understand, and there seem to be a lot less people online ever since it came out (that might not necessarily be Microsoft's fault though, it could be the exam period. Still, I'm blaming them!)

As a matter of fact, it seems Microsoft has deteriorated the lay out on all the new versions of their programs. Office 2007 is crap, Vista was as well (I haven't worked with Windows 7 yet.)

Where other consumer software companies like Google and Apple are trying to make the interface of their programs as intuitive and simple as possible, Microsoft just seems to want to add more undefinable pictogram buttons and blurry interface with every version they bring out.

If it wasn't for the fact that, because of their market dominance, it's way easier to find drivers and programs for windows, I would've skipped to Linux looooooooooong ago. I hope Google comes out with a full grown OS soon, they may be the evil empire, but at least they usually get their shit together!

[/RANT]

Discuss.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You don't have to use that messenger.

Pidgin, the universal chat client

You can always use Pidgin, or some other program that interfaces with MSN.

The new pictograms are designed to integrate with Windows Vista/7. You'll be seeing a lot more of it.

I used Linux between 2000-2006, but after that I just couldn't take being outside the mainstream and went back to Windows.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I use pidgin. Outside of a few problems I get with sending or direct connecting it works rather well. I like it better than a normal IM system.

I'm always pissed off about phones for the same reason, Shimmy. It seems like they'll put one or two features I love about my phone and mix it with a bunch of shit ones. I'd have to technically own 4-5 phones to have every feature I wanted in one.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Phantonym

Phew. Thanks for letting the world know. I haven't bothered to install the new version yet but now I will because I want to find out for myself.

MBTI
    yupp

or just not use msn, really I don't. I don't even get on aim any more, why because I have others ways of talking to people. and I hate that people IM me when I'm not around.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I personally use Trillian Astra, and I have Facebook, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and Gmail all hooked up at once with an easy interface. All of your conversations are in one window, and you get to them in the window via tabs. Or you can have them in different windows. I like it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You don't have to use that messenger.

Pidgin, the universal chat client

You can always use Pidgin, or some other program that interfaces with MSN.

The new pictograms are designed to integrate with Windows Vista/7. You'll be seeing a lot more of it.

I used Linux between 2000-2006, but after that I just couldn't take being outside the mainstream and went back to Windows.
    I'm gonna give pidgin a try, it can't possibly be worse then crappy msn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Phew. Thanks for letting the world know. I haven't bothered to install the new version yet but now I will because I want to find out for myself.
    I didn't even want to install the new version, but the old version would keep asking me if I wanted to download the newest version, and in the end it wouldn't even allow me to log in if I didn't download the new version.
    (removed)

Ginkgo

Msn is a programming abomination. It's facets are entangled with other programs like Windows Media Player, iTunes, Flash Player, among others. Sometimes if your MSN program goes down, everything else is brought with it.

Windows Vista is already hard enough to manage. I say we riot outside of MSN headquarters and demand compensation!

MBTI
    SEXY

The only advantage in the new version, It starts up firefox if I click on a link instead of asking me if I want to install IE.
    (removed)