User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I wanna cry!

MBTI
    OMNi

Default I wanna cry!

It's been months since I've had a good cry. I really wish I could because I remember how therapeutic it is and how much clarity I gain afterward. During a sad movie I might tear up but I can't actually seem to cry. I've come to terms with most of the sad things in my past so they don't seem to bring forth the tears. My spirituality has even help me cope with most of the sad things going on in the world.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do that could get me to cry? I'm not talking about pealing onions or stubbing toe crying, but rather that emotional release type of crying. Any really good tear jerking movies out there? Maybe a sad story that could move me to tears?

In fact, does any other NF out there have this problem? To my envy, the other NFs I know in real life seem to be able to cry on a whim.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It's been months since I've had a good cry. I really wish I could because I remember how therapeutic it is and how much clarity I gain afterward. During a sad movie I might tear up but I can't actually seem to cry. I've come to terms with most of the sad things in my past so they don't seem to bring forth the tears. My spirituality has even help me cope with most of the sad things going on in the world.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do that could get me to cry? I'm not talking about pealing onions or stubbing toe crying, but rather that emotional release type of crying. Any really good tear jerking movies out there? Maybe a sad story that could move me to tears?

In fact, does any other NF out there have this problem? To my envy, the other NFs I know in real life seem to be able to cry on a whim.
    I recommend attending a testicular cancer support group.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think I've cried in two years. I guess I set the new record here.

If I ever cry, I usually feel the need to punish myself because it's something that the male gender should not do.

MBTI
    ISTP

Homeward bound? Bambie?

That always does it to me. Almost.

Ok, this thread creeps me out. AWAY!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I was thinking Battlefield Earth. I cried because I wasted 8 dollars to see that piece of shit.

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't think I've cried in two years. I guess I set the new record here.

If I ever cry, I usually feel the need to punish myself because it's something that the male gender should not do.
    I'll raise you: 3 years (I did have one occasion where I cried about the weather because I was outside and felt defeated, but I have no idea how it applies to my personal timeline).

I always avoided crying as a kid, because that was not a weakness I wished to show to anybody. I don't cry now. I don't feel the need. I don't think I've cried for real since I was a teen. After that it has been to accomodate others, for instance during breakups, where I would have considered it a bit too harsh to say, 'yeah, those years are gone now, so move your ass outta here'.

I'd quite like to know how to do it, but I haven't found the capacity for it while deprived of raging hormones and a grudge against the world.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Does music do anything for you? Or an inspiring movie? Or docu-drama?

Becoming a social worker or working with youth at a local church?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Does music do anything for you? Or an inspiring movie? Or docu-drama?

Becoming a social worker or working with youth at a local church?
    Docudramas? Are you crazy? They're usually hilarious!

If you're looking for a recent inspiring movie, watch Transformers. Such beautiful f/x to drool over!

EDIT: And the Catholic church highly values the youth...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Anyhoo... How're you feeling, Kiddo? (This is your thread, right? )
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Movies rarely make me cry, but I almost cried up watching the end of the "Bicycle Thief" (Ladri di biciclette). BTW way a good movie one of my top 50s for films. I'd say as an estimate probably my 30th favorite.
    I tend to never be able to cry when I need to or when approriate IE at funerals or finding out someone has terminal illness. Yet I'll randomly cry in the store, don't know why. Maybe It takes awhile for things the hit me. Someone will say something mean and I'll start crying, but not because of them but because something that happened earlier.