User Tag List

First 345

Thread: I wanna cry!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Make a lot of money and the girls will come. Not just the shallow ones, either. It's the way of the world.
    Actually, pretty much everyone will faun over a person with money, because they hope you'll look favorably upon them, and use some of your money/influence to help them. It's because people respect the wealthy. And they respect the wealthy because they are jealous of them. They are jealous of them because they have a desire for material prosperity and security. That's why money is so effective a motivator to get people to work, and keeps economies going.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It's been months since I've had a good cry. I really wish I could because I remember how therapeutic it is and how much clarity I gain afterward. During a sad movie I might tear up but I can't actually seem to cry. I've come to terms with most of the sad things in my past so they don't seem to bring forth the tears. My spirituality has even help me cope with most of the sad things going on in the world.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do that could get me to cry? I'm not talking about pealing onions or stubbing toe crying, but rather that emotional release type of crying. Any really good tear jerking movies out there? Maybe a sad story that could move me to tears?

In fact, does any other NF out there have this problem? To my envy, the other NFs I know in real life seem to be able to cry on a whim.
    A something to do with our culture.

While in London I frequently used to go to the movies around Piccadilly.

In the mornings I could spot many Brahmin Indian women among the audience.

They did cry profusely at the end of the movie, and made little effort to hide it.
    In their benevolent culture it is not a shame to display a scanty emotion every now and then.
    Even for men.

A movie is a play on the screen.
    A play is about emotion.

We display emotion in two ways only.
    We laugh or we cry.

Why one display of emotion is tolerated while the other one is looked upon as a shame?

Why a tomboy girl is accepted but a girlish boy is a disgrace?

MBTI
    Infx

I have been having this problem lately too. Not so much that I'm ashamed to cry for showing weakness, but because I know I'll get over it and things will get better, so I feel guilty letting whatever make me sad in the first place.. >.>

I'm a romance sap, so "A Walk to Remember" had me BAWLING from the middle to about half an hour after it was over. ^^;;;
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Make a lot of money and the girls will come. Not just the shallow ones, either. It's the way of the world. Young guys who spend too much time worrying about their singleness don't understand this simple truth.
    there are exceptions to that! some rich guys make their poor girlfriends pay for everything for them, which can definitley turn a girl against men with money (that and complaining that his trust fund was only making however much in interest and such- ugh!)

be nice- I'm sure that will eventually pay off for someone- or be an asshole- that works as well!

MBTI
    OMNi

Make a lot of money and the girls will come. Not just the shallow ones, either. It's the way of the world. Young guys who spend too much time worrying about their singleness don't understand this simple truth.
    I've never been very attracted to the type of people who are attracted to money. I want to live a simple life, because I've already attained much of what I need, and I have nothing really to want. Money is nothing but a tool that reflects very little on he who possesses it.

MBTI
    yupp

if you still need to cry this vid always does the trick for me.

YouTube - Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire