User Tag List

Thread: Lies .. Arggghhhh.

Default Lies .. Arggghhhh.

I am not sure if i am asking a question, making a statement or just plainly thinking out loud that is why i have put it in the fluff zone.

I am aware lies have implications and I know we all possibly tell them from time to time. Someone asks me if i am alright and i reply 'yes' when i am not. I just don't want a fuss and a 20 min lecture, lol.

I just don't understand why people would blatantly lie.

OK .. So a relative of my ex left me a message on FB asking if i had heard from him. I replied no. She explained why she had asked. I know where to find him on the internet, he uses a personality site like this. Yes, he is still alive and i told her so. I was reading one of his posts where he spoke about me. Ouch. He lied about me/us and made himself look all innocent and heavenly.

Now i don't have a problem with anyone telling people facts about me. They are what they are and people make mistakes in life, i have made a few myself and have never proclaimed to be perfect.

It has pissed me off though. I know i should leave it in the past but i want to correct him, however, by doing so, i look bitter so i can't win. Also by saying what he did and telling the lies he did, he took something that was good between us for a while and just turned it to crap.

Now, new girlfriend doesn't want to hear about me and him and i can see why he would lie about it. I have though always believed it best to be honest so it doesn't haunt you in the future but you can't escape your past.

Now i know my problem, it is an external factor, i have internalised it and added it to my slate and now i feel like i am at fault. That is something i need to work on.

But shouldn't someones words/actions such as 'I love you' actually mean something.

I don't want to smile about the past now. I am insulted by his callous actions.
    I actually empathised with him as the poor bloke must of been out of his mind with worry, now i think why did i even bother being nice. (Damn personality traits, lol). It is an insult to a memory.

Maybe i am just too naive and think the best of everyone.

Maybe you can believe your own lies after a while so they become truths.

Noone can escape their past, only accept and learn from it. To turn it from a mole hill into a mountain though, well that is an insult and what also hurts is that he went on and on about his ex's and their traits and here i am being treated like the bad guy who wasn't even aware of the situation.

“I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

I just avoid lying unless it is 100% necessary... Lying about how you are feeling is practically heresy in my book.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari