User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Tell me your dreams....

Do you have a recurring dream?? Tell me it... Be a doll and let me take a peek into your very soul ....
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I sometimes dream of waking up and starting my day. And it's very convincing. But at some point I realise something is not right when I start using superpowers.

Then I wake up and notice I overslept.

Happened at least 3 times that I can recall!

Most dreams I don't remember or can't really explain. I tend to have very abstract like dreams. Not really earthy like. In which I'm also something else.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP

Using superpowers.....!!!! Awesome.... what kinda powers!?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't have them often but i've had the same flying dream several times...where i was in an open field and remembered i could take off running and catch the wind...and then thinking i forgot i could do this...it's so easy...why do i always forget...

and i've had had this one dream where i was in this big empty house with wooden floors...it seemed to have at least 3 stories and i was alone packing up boxes but i remember in the dream remembering i've been here before...or thought i've had a dream about this house and wow i remember exactly where everything is and then wondering why i'm here and what does it mean.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Don't know why but I think that dream is connected to your grandmother!?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't have them often but i've had the same flying dream several times...where i was in an open field and remembered i could take off running and catch the wind...and then thinking i forgot i could do this...it's so easy...why do i always forget...

This dream is pretty recurring for me too.. I always end up over the ocean..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've also had a few dreams of going to visit my father who's passed and in the dream saying ooooh...you've just moved here and him telling me i told you i would still be alive...just living somewhere else and i remember thinking okay...right...and just having long chats and catching up...but each time i've had it it was the same "idea" going to his new house and visiting and remembering he just moved...the actual dreams were different but recurring idea.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Using superpowers.....!!!! Awesome.... what kinda powers!?
    I think it's more of a I-actually-kinda-know-I'm-dreaming-and-oversleeping-and-I-will-prove-it-by-using-whatever-random-superpower-that-comes-to-mind kind of power.

For example, I once imploded the universe by thinking about it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I've forgotten something...what will I do...it's OK, it was just a dream

Ginkgo

Most of my dreams are really quirky. They often have the common themes of "wanting sex but never getting it" or "sharks".

Here's an essay I wrote about lucid dreaming not too long ago.

Because of their convoluted and cryptic nature, dreams have been regarded as either visions into the future or gateways into the subconscious. With the right training, however, dreams can be harnessed and controlled to a fantastic degree. This process is usually referred to as “lucid dreaming” and can easily be achieved through four basic steps.

Developing an amiable mindset toward reality is the first step for experiencing lucid dreams. This can be done by rhetorically asking yourself “Am I dreaming?” while you are awake. You may also imagine what would happen if you were dreaming as if you had control over reality. Simple suggestive notions like this can have surprising effects on a willing human psyche. However, it is advised that you don’t do these things out loud or in public.

The second step toward lucid dreaming is to develop healthy and regular sleeping habits. Unfortunately, most Americans only maintain about five to six hours of sleep; however, in order to experience any sort of dream, one should allocate at least eight to nine hours of sleep. This allows you to enter the deepest state of rest, also known as the R.E.M. cycle. It is in this phase that many of the cerebral functions of the brain become most active, allowing for vivid dreams to take place. Furthermore, it is recommended that you eat balanced meals, particularly composed of fruits and vegetables. Foods like this have been scientifically proven to improve the clarity and articulation of the human mind.

After establishing a hardy sleeping schedule, it is time for the third and most important step – the lucid dream itself. Before falling asleep, you should tell yourself that you will be dreaming in the same rhetorical fashion as the first step. This prepares and influences your mind while reinforcing the suggestive power of the mind itself. After you fall asleep, you should soon enter a state in which you have the ability to control and manipulate the elements of your dream. This level of control varies in correlation with the aptness of the dreamer. However, once you are experienced enough, you can create anything from beautiful landscapes and scenery to dim and dreary caves and dungeons. You can even conjure imaginary creatures, drive your favorite sports car, or become the king of your own little world! The only limit of your power will be your own level of imagination and creativity.

Of course, one should be aware of the risks of lucid dreaming. Indeed, some lucid dreamers become confused between reality and the “dream world”. This usually results in the dreamer seemingly waking up – only to realize that he or she is actually still in a very vivid dream in which their bedroom has manifested. This phenomenon has been illustrated in television programs and cinema on occasion; usually when the main character becomes entrapped within his nightmare. However, this uncommon side effect is a risk worth taking in comparison to the unique observation of lucid dreaming.