User Tag List

First 123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Ok, I'll cut this crap and get to the educational part. Now that I've gotten a complete disapproval by this kind of behavior (presented in the posts above), I'd like to know how some people get their strength to go on the way I did. Where do they get their support? Why do they have fans?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Ok, I'll cut this crap and get to the educational part. Now that I've gotten a complete disapproval by this kind of behavior (presented in the posts above), I'd like to know how some people get their strength to go on the way I did. Where do they get their support? Why do they have fans?
    They do? I'd say they don't. That's why they need such huge egos.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Sometimes I'm sure that people with me understand a troll as a troll, and idiot for what they are, a fake for what they are, and a superperson for what they are. Other times, some of them seem to have a silencing effect, and I'm unsure. Sometimes, it would help me to hear someone say from the crowd - hey X, we've had enough of your shit. Your crap isn't made of gold. I think I'd appreciate that, because as a can-do person, I'm a bit of a victim for things that people can do.

If someone can act like a megalomaniac, uninterrupted, I'm more likely to believe they indeed represent the power, given how they are not being interrupted or criticized.

Yes, I'm that much of an herd animal. I'd like to see shit taken as what it is, not what it's proponent(s) would like me to think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you referring to someone who suffers from delusions of grandeur in this forum?

MBTI
    ENTP

I wrote a thoughtful, well-reasoned post decrying the blatant bragging in one of those many I'manejaculatingsexgoddessandmyorgasmsrocktheworld threads. I accidentally deleted it. That's what happened. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    ENTJ

What can messages on an internet forum help? I've thought it's common knowledge, even a joke among internet veterans, how any claims of personal prestige, authority, wealth, capability etc. are hugely overrepresented in internet forums.

People of extraordinary talent, income, etc. do indeed exist, and some of them use the internet. There's a lot of people with significantly better-than-average statistics in some of the things people seek desperately. It's all acceptable background information for a person, something that can be considered when evaluating the person's message.

Given the lack of real good that'll come one's way when being recognized as "good" on an internet forum, I would have thought good posters would concentrate on sharing something that'd really mean something. I'm not seeing a huge fan movement in here, but I see some trying. I'm glad most of them turn away when not receiving huge support.

I had a point and I still do, but I'm now awfully tired, and I'll go to sleep. I'm not sure if I can elaborate this much further this evening.

Perhaps my point was: given
    1) how easy it is to tell one's greatness as opposed to showing it
    2) the lack of real beneficial application of knowing someone's greatness
    3) the lack of measures to verify one's RL greatness online

..something something. I'll go to sleep now. Good night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phantonym

Attention seeking and boredom from people who start behaving like this + indifference from the "audience" or people who have the courage to confront them.

I don't think they have fans. Rather weaker people who are more afraid of being attacked by some huge ego who needs to put others down. They see it best to play along in order to avoid being insulted.

People who do something like this, dividing people up to those who "adore" them and those who should be quickly disarmed by insults, only show their low self-esteem that needs to be uplifted in such extreme ways. And they have no other way but to continue doing so because they thrive on the thrill it gives them. It's a sort of an illusory feeling of power they try to keep on having. Until there actually is somebody who gets fed up and puts a stop to this at that particular time. Then they lay low for a while until they need another "fix".

Enneagram
    1w2

The reason why these people have fans is because most people are too chickenshit to say anything and/or surrounded by yes men (and women)who get the crumbs from the table of their supposed greatness.

I know this because my yes men and women got free shots a couple of weekends ago as a side effect of my majesty! It takes so little to placate the masses.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

We're all pathetic dweebs who never get laid, or if we do get laid, we get laid both seldom, and, or poorly.

Oh, yeah.

And, most of us suffer from some type of psychological pathology.

Those who can, do, those who can't review, or frequent fora.

Hahahaa, but I love so many of you guys, crazy as we all are.

Group hug!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm always in for a group hug . And yes, our crazy things get exposed kind of well in here. It's not like this were a site for hiding our thoughts, our inner self, or anything like that. I'm strangely obsessed with stuff, a kind of detriment I won't probably get a full idea soon.

Lets drown the next new superperson on the site to inquiries about his/her greatness, so s/he'll curse the day s/he opened up

I told something in OP that reflects my own vices and fears. I feel like many times I express myself, I want to tell of something good happening to me. Perhaps, something good I do, something good I am, etc.. the chance of narcissism is always haunting me. Duh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]