User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Interfering with Taylor does seem extremely racist though.
    It's like he thinks a white singer can't possibly be as good as a black one.
    I agree with Obama who called West a "jackass," for his behavior.

In the middle of a live TV event to raise money for those who suffered the wrath of Katrina,
    Kanye West saw fit to shout "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

YouTube - George Bush Hates Black People

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I agree with Obama who called West a "jackass," for his behavior.

In the middle of a live TV event to raise money for those who suffered the wrath of Katrina,
    Kanye West saw fit to shout "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

YouTube - George Bush Hates Black People
    His immature behaviour at the MVA is not comparable to the justified anger that he felt given how neglected people were after New Orleans.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    His immature behaviour at the MVA is not comparable to the justified anger that he felt given how neglected people were after New Orleans.
    That's what we'd like to think, but we'd be wrong.

Kanye On Nightline: "I Have Baby Tourette's" - Video - Stereogum

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Right, I think many were angry about that. Many probably wouldn't do what he did, but to each his/her own.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    That's what we'd like to think, but we'd be wrong.

Kanye On Nightline: "I Have Baby Tourette's" - Video - Stereogum
    All I see is this. You've failed to make a logical argument.

TERRY MORAN: In the heat of the moment it came out. Reflecting now, do you still believe George Bush doesn't care about black people?
    KANYE WEST: I mean, I have a hard time believing George Bush cares about anyone. So ... Sidebar -- black people also.
    TERRY MORAN: Will you say that again?
    KANYE WEST: No. It's already been said.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

All I see is this. You've failed to make a logical argument.
    My other(read:actual) source was an editoral page, so I decided not to use it, in such I've made a mistake and here's the article which I found this on.
    What if Kanye West is Retarded? | Cracked.com

You can see why I didn't want to use it, but here's the context of the part in question

You all remember what happened. A few years ago, Kanye West went on TV in the middle of a disaster, veered off teleprompter and barked “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.” At the time, I thought it was either a passionate, gut reaction (albeit, an ill-advised one) or just a calculated rant under the guise of outrage, designed to make controversy and headlines. If that’s the case, to his credit (or colossal shame, depending on whether or not you think seeking headlines in the middle of a disaster can be considered admirable) it worked. In either scenario, we have an artist who isn’t afraid to get political and challenge the highest American authority, which is a sure-fire way to earn your spot in the Insane Musician Hall of Fame.

But What if Kanye West is Retarded?

If Kanye is retarded, it obfuscates things a little bit. To get a better grasp on the situation, I did the follow-up research that I never did at the time of the incident. Apparently, Kanye did an interview regarding his comments shortly after his words, and he explained that he honestly believed that people might understand him better based on his comments. He didn’t make any motions towards either apologizing or expanding on his sound bite, he just thought, “Hey, that comment gives people a good introduction into who I am as a person. Me.”

Hurricane Katrina was wonderful for Kanye’s public perception.

And what exactly did he think people understood? Not that he was a goon, or a shameless opportunist, no. He felt that the words showed the world that he had, in his words, “little baby Tourette’s, maybe not quite diagnosed” as evidenced by how “the truth just comes out accidentally like what’s off the top of [my] mind.”

So, here is the list of things we need to understand based on Kanye’s statements…

A) Kanye West genuinely thinks he suffers from an undiagnosed form of Tourette’s;
    B) Kanye West thinks Tourette’s syndrome is when you accidentally speak the truth in the heat of the moment;
    C) Kanye West believes that people will understand him better now that they’re aware of his undiagnosed, nonexistent condition.

…and our conclusions are, respectively, “No you don’t,” “No it isn’t” and “You’re an idiot.”

The final and strangest point we can take away from his interview is that Kanye West seems to think that the degree of severity of Tourette’s is measured on some kind of Baby Scale, where mild, sporadic adult onset Tourette’s is classified as “little baby Tourette’s” and, we can presume, more persistent and traumatic cases can be classified as “enormous super baby Tourettes.”

As a sidebar, while it may not be Science’s preferred method for measuring the severity of a disease, “little baby Tourette’s,” is a truly hilarious phrase. One of these days I’m going to invent a face-shitting cocktail that renders the drinker immediately incapable of controlling their speech and I am hereby officially calling shotgun on the rights to “Little Baby Tourette’s” as the name of said drink.

Angered or not, there is no justification for claiming someone doesn't care about black people, without concrete proof.
    Had the majority of those in New Orleans been white, do you really think anyone is stupid enough to believe West would have said, " GW doesn't care about white people?"

When someone can't spot a person fanning the flames of racism, they're in denial.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ohh pleeeeeease. George Bush was not responsible for "neglect" of anybody in New Orleans. The federal government spent TONS of money on Katrina relief. A lot of it cleaning up after people who could have prepared for what happened in the first place. A bunch of people were given free shelter in Houston for two years! And that's just one example of all the work that was done to help hurricane victims.

Sorry, but there was no "justified anger" towards Bush for his response to Katrina. He could have made a speech and said "Sucks to be you, don't live on the Gulf Coast. They have a lot of them there hurricanes down there." But he didn't, obviously.

Now back to our regularly scheduled idiot rapper discussion.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    honestly, if you didn't know the guy, and only saw what the rest of the world sees, would your opinion still be affectionate towards him, or would you think he is a pompous ass?

don't worry i won't rat you out to kanye.
    wtf? Lauren, do you know him in a closer way than most of the world does?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Angered or not, there is no justification for claiming someone doesn't care about black people, without concrete proof.
    Had the majority of those in New Orleans been white, do you really think anyone is stupid enough to believe West would have said, " GW doesn't care about white people?"

When someone can't spot a person fanning the flames of racism, they're in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Ohh pleeeeeease. George Bush was not responsible for "neglect" of anybody in New Orleans. The federal government spent TONS of money on Katrina relief. A lot of it cleaning up after people who could have prepared for what happened in the first place. A bunch of people were given free shelter in Houston for two years! And that's just one example of all the work that was done to help hurricane victims.

Sorry, but there was no "justified anger" towards Bush for his response to Katrina. He could have made a speech and said "Sucks to be you, don't live on the Gulf Coast. They have a lot of them there hurricanes down there." But he didn't, obviously.

Now back to our regularly scheduled idiot rapper discussion.
    I said it wasn't comparable. Katrina revolves around serious political issues that affected lives in very dramatic ways. The facts of Katrina are irrelevant, what is relevant is that it was a very consequential topic, so speaking one's mind (however ill-ordered or illogical that mind may be) is justified. an overflow of emotions outside the realm of logic is justified given the serious context and time proximity to the disaster.

That is not comparable to an outburst at a freaking awards show where people put on nice clothes and hold a funny trophy, ultimately staining a kid's first moment in the sun.

They're two different arenas, they're not comparable.
    C.S. Lewis