User Tag List

123 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default Which American Accent Do You Have?

Cute quiz.

Which American accent do you have?

My Results:

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Boring! And I'm not from that region...but I did move around a lot. And I get accused of having all kinds of accents, from Southern to British to Kiwi. I think I just don't know how to talk right
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Boring! And I'm not from that region...but I did move around a lot. And I get accused of having all kinds of accents, from Southern to British to Kiwi. I think I just don't know how to talk right

Haha. Neutral is good! Everyone should be able to understand you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Northeastern

This could either mean an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey which doesn't sound the same. Just because you got this result doesn't mean you don`t pronounce R's.(People in Jersey don`t call their state "Joisey" in real life)

Almost works for me. I used to have a british accent but after traveling and living in many countries I've got a mix between a british and american accent. Many people find it quite strange.

I'm from New Zealand. Does anyone know if this result makes sense?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

I'm from New Zealand. Does anyone know if this result makes sense?
    LOL. Remotely. North Eastern Americans tend to soften their 'r' like NZers. I've been told by some American friends that a NZ accent is a bit like the Boston accent (who say pronounce 'car' as 'cah' - similar to us).

But I should probably shut up and leave this to the Americans.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My Results:

Western Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from. So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are). If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

My Results:

Northern

You have a Northern accent.
    That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.
    What do you mean easily recognizable?? And why would I have a cleveland accent?? 'halo

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My native language is Dutch, but who cares, let's just give it a try.

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Makes sense, perfect english The bolded is where I live, though when I lived in Boston I had a bit of a Boston tinge to my speech.

"I'm wicked psyched to be heah!"