User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENTP Inflation?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default ENTP Inflation?

In the stock market, sometimes when an investor purchases, holds, or sells a large enough portion of a company, or if the person doesn't necesarily have a huge holding but is well acknowledged as a sharp investor who people follow (such as Warren Buffet), a person can really move a stock. It has become evident that when I make a long and well thought-out post on the forum, that INTJ threads become more popular. I say this only as a statement of trends I've observed, that I am to INTJ threads as Warren Buffet is to companies he invests in. Yet, I've also noticed recently that ENTP threads have come into vogue in the NT section. Now, in economics, price gouging refers to pricing above the market price, which I suspect may be occuring here. Thus, the rational thinker must question whether these ENTP threads are really worth the popularity they're receiving. If not, the stock is going to get dumped when the personality market corrects in the long-run. On the other hand, INTJs have a critical public of subscribers, an egghead circle of subscribers, which will ensure the long-term stability of INTJ threads. Yet, I have doubts that ENTPs will be able to maintain their stock as I think it's overpriced at the moment. Four questions emerge: what is the intrinsic value of ENTP threads? To what extent does the current surface value differ from the fundamental value? Who is gouging the ENTP stock? Will it last? Some questions for the personality speculator.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Provoker, you're amazing
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

It sounds that the wittle guy is dying for some attention.

Change your type to ENTP and maybe you'll get some. (and stop the hating too)
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    In the stock market, sometimes when an investor purchases, holds, or sells a large enough portion of a company, or if the person doesn't necesarily have a huge holding but is well acknowledged as a sharp investor who people follow (such as Warren Buffet), a person can really move a stock. It has become evident that when I make a long and well thought-out post on the forum, that INTJ threads become more popular. I say this only as a statement of trends I've observed, that I am to INTJ threads as Warren Buffet is to companies he invests in. Yet, I've also noticed recently that ENTP threads have come into vogue in the NT section. Now, in economics, price gouging refers to pricing above the market price, which I suspect may be occuring here. Thus, the rational thinker must question whether these ENTP threads are really worth the popularity they're receiving. If not, the stock is going to get dumped when the personality market corrects in the long-run. On the other hand, INTJs have a critical public of subscribers, an egghead circle of subscribers, which will ensure the long-term stability of INTJ threads. Yet, I have doubts that ENTPs will be able to maintain their stock as I think it's overpriced at the moment. Four questions emerge: what is the intrinsic value of ENTP threads? To what extent does the current surface value differ from the fundamental value? Who is gouging the ENTP stock? Will it last? Some questions for the personality speculator.
    10/10 5* all around.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

It's OK, INTJs are sexy, too ..

what is the intrinsic value of ENTP threads? To what extent does the current surface value differ from the fundamental value? Who is gouging the ENTP stock? Will it last? Some questions for the personality speculator.
    Thanks for adding to our inflation!

You've just proved to be one of the masses of our minions...so care to take a stab at your own questions?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The problem with your theory is that there's no cost to create the threads, and no consequences if they don't take off. Thus, normal economics which depend on those rules wouldn't apply. The thread "market," if you will, is ruled mostly by people's moods and not by resources.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

To put it another way:
    INTJs are low on resources and currently have a weak army
    INTPs have a neutral balance
    ENTJs went off for a long holiday
    ENTPs are just owning the war
    All NFs randomly jump everywhere in NT territory

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Thanks for adding to our inflation!

You've just proved to be one of the masses of our minions...so care to take a stab at your own questions?
    Proud emotion compels you to feel I've contradicted myself sooner than you've merely misapplied a principle. I added to ENTP inflation about as much as an economist's article back in August 2008 saying that there was a bubble in the housing and securities markets added to housing and securities bubbles. Point: in the long-run, which is what interests me, my post will help get people thinking, something some do and others don't, and will help get people to question the value of such threads. In truth, I don't think my thread will be the cause of this collapse. I think I could have never made this thread and it would have collapsed on its own, because there isn't enough fundamental value to sustain this level of interest in the long-run.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    The problem with your theory is that there's no cost to create the threads, and no consequences if they don't take off. Thus, normal economics which depend on those rules wouldn't apply. The thread "market," if you will, is ruled mostly by people's moods and not by resources.
    I disagree. There is no such thing as a free lunch. There is always a cost, and usually many. In this case, the opportunity cost of making a post about ENTP inflation meant foregoing a post about deductive logic or zoology. In your case, the cost of reading my post meant foregoing another post that could have been read in the same time. So long as there are decisions made within spacetime there are costs. When a historian decides to emphasize one particular theme in the text, he foregoes another theme. He may try to emhpasize all themes, but then no theme in particular is emphasized above the rest, which defeats his goal to begin with. The point is there is always a cost, both to allocation of material resources, intellectual resources, and so forth, primarily because time itself is scarce, which means that pursuing one course of action necessarily excludes others at some point. Hence, economic principles do apply. Thus, your statement doesn't hold.

Proud emotion compels you to feel I've contradicted myself sooner than you've merely misapplied a principle.
    You really got a kink for my pride, don't ya? Wanna learn from me?

I added to ENTP inflation about as much as an economist's article back in August 2008 saying that there was a bubble in the housing and securities markets added to housing and securities inflation.
    Yeah, analogy fail.

See:
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    This is a forum, what we DO is talk, while the market is a thing on its own, a market isn't maintained via 'talk'. Hence, it can have commentaries and retain its independent identity. Not so with a thread on ENTPs complaining about too many threads on ENTPs.

Point: in the long-run, which is what interests me, my post will help get people thinking, something some do and others don't, and will help get people to question the value of such threads.
    Again, you are not the first to point it out. I think ENTPs were the first to see the surge of such threads and mention this recent 'inflation'. INTPs had a long run right before the ENTPs, pretty much the first page of NT sub-forum. It's, as you and EVERYONE already commented, a cycle we go through. Merely 16 types, with NT subforum into 4 types, logically limits and predicts this.

In truth, I don't think my thread will be the cause of this collapse. I think I could have never made this thread and it would have collapsed on its own, because there isn't enough fundamental value to sustain this level of interest in the long-run.
    Wrong! A minute fraction of the threads on this forum is sustainable in the long-run. It's because of people, the dynamics that we are, and the dynamics of our interests.